Gibson Brands Forums

diferrence between epi hummingbird made in indonesia,china and epi hummingbird made us??

zaragkito

• 4 weeks later...

Well as I mentioned in my previous post that I did indeed get the used Hummingbird and from what can figure out it was made in China sometime in 2007. It's not bad a bad guitar but it's been properly setup with upgraded tusq nut and saddle. It plays quite nicely with nice action and the finish is quite good. I really like the feel of the neck. The fretwork is also good with no sharp fret ends. The binding and inlay work is excellent. It's not the loudest guitar but it has nice even tone and sustain and sounds great tuned down a half step. The Grover tuners work well and are very smooth. Overall I am pretty pleased with it and play it quite a lot. Of course it's only a $250 guitar and in no way could compare in the sound quality and workmanship of a Gibson Hummingbird but to me it's still a nice looking guitar and fun to play.

Of course it's only a $250 guitar and in no way could compare in the sound quality and workmanship of a Gibson Hummingbird but to me it's still a nice looking guitar and fun to play.

I played both the Gibson model and the Epi model in an Austin, TX Gibson dealer's showroom.....I actually liked the Epi better. The tone on the Gibson HB was nice, but it seemed somewhat acoustically "dead". The Epi had better volume and projection. The Gibby sure looked prettier but if I had been testing blindfolded I would surely have chosen the Epi HB as the better of the two guitars.

Dugly O:)

I have a hummingbird two months now (made in indonesia) it sounds really great but i wonder if ther are any differences from ''birds made in usa?

And are there any birds made in us??:- :-

because they cost 2500 more. no comparison. the only epiphone i would buy are the masterbilts. the cheap gibson knockoff i wouldnt waste my money on, but they are 200 cuitars. for the price they are not bad. but for 250 or 300 you can get a used masterbilt and they blow the knockoffs out of the water

Archived