Gibson Brands Forums

Very limited Edition Emily The Strange SG

strings

Hi, i have just bought an Epiphone Emily The Strange SG for £68. The seller told me that it was a very limited edition which included a white scratch plate as opposed to the usual black one. I have contacted Epiphone and they are on the wiser. Does anyone know anything about this "Special edition" or have I been sold a dud?

I have a pic of the guitar but I dont know how to .ut it on this page

It is a limited edition. On the Musicians Fieend website the scratch plate is black. Its also black on Epiphones website. The truss rod cover is also black and has Emily the strangs on it. Does yours? I don't know if its a fake but thats not alot of money for the guitar so you might have a fake. Can you post pics? I hope its not a fake. Nobody wants to get burned.

It is a limited edition. On the Musicians Fieend website the scratch plate is black. Its also black on Epiphones website. The truss rod cover is also black and has Emily the strangs on it. Does yours? I don't know if its a fake but thats not alot of money for the guitar so you might have a fake. Can you post pics? I hope its not a fake. Nobody wants to get burned.

You can buy used G400s for £80 in the UK, £68 for a used G310 sounds right.

Cool looking guitar but I don't see any pics or mention of that model with a white pickguard anywhere on the net. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's not legitimate, distribution could be different in the UK than in North America. Pics of your particular guitar would be useful. Post to Photobucket then attach the IMG code in your follow-up message.

Guest icantbuyafender

it should say limited edition on the back of the head stock or something to that effect.

actually, the white guard is pretty groovy.

but i was pretttty sure it had a black pickguard.

maybe the owner bought a replacement G310 pickguard online from like ebay??

got it fer cheap, i wouldnt complain lol

just use this site to verify the serial number : http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

hope its real.

Archived