Gibson Brands Forums

Can anyone help with serial no.

mickdunn205

I'm still recovering from my stay at the hospital, so I'm drifting off to sleep as I type this, but from just a cursory glance, the guitar should have been made in 2008, in June.

HOWEVER, I'm not aware of any '08 Les Pauls without a country code in front of the serial. It SHOULD say EE0806...ect.

This doesn't mean much of anything, really, other than you might just have a weird serial number, or it could mean it's fake, or it could mean that in the middle of 08, they dropped the country code (can't confirm that).

I'll see what I can figure out, and I'm sure other's will have some input in the mean time.

Mickdunn205 - I spoke to Gibson Customer Service for you

as I live in US, Was told some of the newer LPs DON'T have

country codes, but Gibson could NOT pull your serial # up in

their database. If you want to establish a "chain-of-custody"

or "PROVENANCE" for the guitar, you may have to ask the seller

for his paperwork showing where HE rcvd guitar from, etc.

Not calling it away as a fake, just puzzled by serial #. Can you post

pictures of git and especially good shot of headstock with serial #?

The Gibson Rep's initial opinion was that it was made in june of 2008,

and he said that long series numbers after the MFR date were not

unusual for popular models...

I'm still recovering from my stay at the hospital' date=' so I'm drifting off to sleep as I type this, but from just a cursory glance, the guitar should have been made in 2008, in June.

[/quote'] And would the rest of the sn indicate they made over 123000 that month !!!???!!! Hmmmmm:-k

I bought a guitar today from pmt in leeds heres the website. http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/

I've just tried the serial number and its unrecognized the number is:

Anyone know why this could be?

Yorkshire!Yorkshire!

I got my telecaster and marshall amo from their last december, real good service. Tried the standard but prefered the tele. Can you tell me roughly how many les pauls they had out for show please mate, getting one in june and would like to go back their?

And would the rest of the sn indicate they made over 123000 that month !!!???!!! Hmmmmm:-k

Yeah, kind of odd, isn't it? 123,000 divided by 30 days = 4,100 Les Pauls a day,

170 an hour, 2.84 Les Pauls a minute IF out of just ONE factory. Uhhhhhh, right.

NEED PICTURES, NEED MORE INFO! Get a COPY of seller's paperwork, call HIS supplier

if needed, track it backwards as far as you can (phone, email, etc).

Mickdunn205 - I spoke to Gibson Customer Service for you

as I live in US' date=' Was told some of the newer LPs DON'T have

country codes, but Gibson could NOT pull your serial # up in

their database. If you want to establish a "chain-of-custody"

or "PROVENANCE" for the guitar, you may have to ask the seller

for his paperwork showing where HE rcvd guitar from, etc.

Not calling it away as a fake, just puzzled by serial #. Can you post

pictures of git and especially good shot of headstock with serial #?

The Gibson Rep's initial opinion was that it was made in june of 2008,

and he said that long series numbers after the MFR date were not

unusual for popular models...[/quote']

Hi Thanks for the help iv been trying to take some pics but its dark now and im struggling to get good pics with the flash, i'll take some in the natural light in the morning. its miles better quality than a fake custom i bought off ebay a few weeks ago its got epiphone stamped ont the output jack and pickups etc. and it looks real (to me) and sounds pretty good, But it seems funny that the numbers unrecognized!

Yorkshire!Yorkshire!

I got my telecaster and marshall amo from their last december' date=' real good service. Tried the standard but prefered the tele. Can you tell me roughly how many les pauls they had out for show please mate, getting one in june and would like to go back their?[/quote']

I see thee is from Yorkshire too! There was a few, A trans blue, cherry sunburst, vintage sunburst (i think), slash signature, an ebony one and either a custom or black beauty, Think thats about right.

I see thee is from Yorkshire too! There was a few' date=' A trans blue, cherry sunburst, vintage sunburst (i think), slash signature, an ebony one and either a custom or black beauty, Think thats about right.[/quote'] Cheers man, i love that store so i'll have to pop down. Hope you enjoy your new axe btw

Archived