Gibson Brands Forums

zebra burstbucker pros

kkche15

Hi all.

I just bought a gibson 08 standard faded cherry, and it comes with the exposed zebra burstbucker pro pickups. I wanted to get the covered ones, so I was thinking of purchasing some pickup covers for it. Has anyone got any ideas if this is a good idea? I like the look of shiny pickups! I can't afford to change the pickups! I looked on the net and found that you can buy pickup covers, but I need to measure the pole position or something like that to determine if the bridge and neck pickups are the same size. How do I do this?

just buy the covers, and soldier them on

easy if you know what you are doing

if you dont know how to use a soldier gun, just be careful, you dont want the heat to touch the finish

duh#-o

Removing the covers was a popular modification because it changes the sound - makes things a little brighter for more sizzle with high gain amplifiers that became available. Now things have come full circle as far as market preferences are concerned. SO you might want to play a similar guitar with covered pickups for comparison. Current Standards have BB Pro (V) pickups on them.

Archived