Gibson Brands Forums

The sound of the Epiphone les paul special II

scarrabri

Hi i was looking for another guitar,and some one came up with Epiphone les paul special II,which i was told was cheap but would amaze me,so i bought one and boy was i pleased ,heres a youtube link for the sound of my Epiphone les paul special II,its a cover of the beautiful Blue star using my Epiphone les paul special II,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4T0H7QK0zk ps im not the best guitar player in the world,but i thought the

guitar was brill best wishes scarrabri

Very dreamy tone..... Makes you want to crawl into a hammock and watch the stars.... nice work=d>

Hi duane thanks for the comments ,and yes the epiphone les paul special II gave this beautiful song a real dreamy sound,totaly amazed when you think it only cost £109 best wishes scarrabri

Guest icantbuyafender

if you know what sound you want and how to get it, the special II is not a problem at all.

i put my pups of choice in and i got successful tones. Good build for customizing and such

nice playin.

i have a black with all chrome

... even knobs and upgraded keystone tuners from GFS and a black pickguard (just screwed to the flat top, no bracket)

Amen! I have a vintage '98 Special II' date=' and it's OUTSTANDING! Better than most guitars i've borrowed, including some higher end Ibanez, and a few Gretsch models.[/quote']

Thanks Emetry,i love mine ,it rings like a bell,best wishes scarrabri

if you know what sound you want and how to get it' date=' the special II is not a problem at all.

i put my pups of choice in and i got successful tones. Good build for customizing and such

nice playin.

i have a black with all chrome

... even knobs and upgraded keystone tuners from GFS and a black pickguard (just screwed to the flat top, no bracket)[/quote']

Hi icantbuyafender i just never thought i would be able to get a good sound at that price,but i used guitar rig 3 and the effect called sparkle pad ,and i was well pleased,thankyou for your comments best wishes scarrabri

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing that scarrabri - nice work, by the way!

Without the video I'd never have guessed that was an Epiphone LP you were using. Your tone has a distinctly Hank Marvin-esque quality to it (appropriately enough, I guess - given that the Shadows recorded a version of this song). If you'd asked me to bet on which guitar was being used, I'd have gone for a Burns Marquee or similar...

Archived