Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD (Not Epi but a Gibson Product)

mrjones200x

Well its a Happy New Guitar Day to me!!

Just got my Kramer Striker yesterday and took some photos this morning for you all to see. As Kramers are a gibson product i figured it may be ok to go in the electric section. If not, see you in the lounge!

Had a nightmare trying to find a Kramer Striker in the Uk with this spec. I rang loads of shops tried all the internet sites and everyone was out of stock! Eventually found a website for shop based up north in preston and they had a blue one in stock and would do it for £165 as it wasnt the colur i wanted. Anyhow i said id think about it as i had my heart set on a black one. Was goona ring them back but they beat me to it and they said it was booked in as blue but when he went to check it was black! Now im happy! £170 all shipped to my door. GAK price was £190 shipped to my door and would be here in October 2009!

Anyway the guitar is really nice and the electrics work really well without any probs. The guitar had one small dink in the laquer on the front which is almost unoticable. The tremelo cover is a very tight fit indeed. I took it off to level the floyd rose out a bit and took a chip out of the paint! You can see it on the picture (to the right of the trem cover) Its not a very good shape either. Looks like the edges were chewed off rather than filed. The control cavity cover is a joke.........Its not recesed into the body as the body is slim line and the plate would almost touch the 5 way switch and the push pull switch if it was. It really does look odd but hey cant complain it was cheap enough and you dont see the back.

The electrics are pretty good as standard but i will upgrade in time. Believe it or not i'll prob sell my Valve junior to get the money as i rarely play it as much as i convince myself it doesnt do my style of music. 80's Rock! I love the sound of it but it is wasted sitting there most the time. Will prob get a full set of emg pickups for the kramer.

Hope you like and hope the litte info helps if you wanted to buy one.

DSC01682.jpg

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

DSC01687.jpg

HNGD!!! She's a beauty! The body is WAY more rounded than the older models. It looks sweet.

The Kramer control cavity backplates werent usually recessed from what I've read. I'm sure there were probably exceptions, but for the most part, that has been a standard feature since the beginning, IIRC.

I'm totally jealous of the neck-plate. Mine is just a crappy blank with the serial No. and "made in korea" stamped into it.

Very nice guitar! Have fun playing it and enjoy!

Archived