Gibson Brands Forums

Epi sg special..

marcelo94

I had an Epi SG Special. For the $180 i payed it wasn't so bad. The Pups weren't horrible but not great. The tuners were complete garbage. And i installed a bone nut in it. It played alright but after i got my G-400 i sold it right away.

EpiPunk

But is it a good guitar for a beginner?

And what type of music can you play with this guitar?

For the money you pay its great for a beginner. It plays pretty good and sounds decent. But it is a beginner guitar.

I play mostly punk/metal/pop punk and it did the trick.

I just scored an EPI SG Special for a co-worker off ebay for $91.00,

he wanted Starter Guitar for Grandson. I did the set up, and I personally

LIKED it!!! I wanted to KEEP it as my NEW "beater" guitar!!!

What kind of music? How demented do you want to get? (heh, heh...)

The ACTUAL one I bought: (That's a light reflection, not a chip. Sorry about crappy

overall lighting, it is REALLY RED).

711106260280_9367676Y.jpg

The Mucician's Friend SG Special Picture (now $169.95):

273807.jpg

I had an Epi SG Special. For the $180 i payed it wasn't so bad. The Pups weren't horrible but not great. The tuners were complete garbage. And i installed a bone nut in it. It played alright but after i got my G-400 i sold it right away.

EpiPunk

What tuners are a direct fit for these? I have an Epi SG Bully and it needs some tuners. I don't want to have to drill holes or anything like that, I want a direct fit.

What tuners are a direct fit for these? I have an Epi SG Bully and it needs some tuners. I don't want to have to drill holes or anything like that' date=' I want a direct fit.[/quote']

Im not to sure, i just had the old tuners from my Epi Les Paul Standard lying around so i put those in. They seemsed to be a bit better quality and they fit fine. I didnt put to much work into the guitar as i ended up just selling it to my buddy as soon as i got my G-400

I just got one yesterday from eBay - exactly the same as AnimalFarms above. I only paid £60 for it and its a great little guitar.

I changed the strings straight away (it was 2nd hand but only 3 months old) and that made a difference, but everyone is right - the tuners are RUBBISH! it just wont stay in tune.

i'd love to change them, but like you, i want and exact transfer!

but otherwise, for the money, you can hardly beat the special!

Guest icantbuyafender

mine just came in off of ebay for $62 shipped in a old gibson "chainsaw" case

ebony finish. No dings knicks or serious scrathes.. just pick scratches.

nothing missing, nothing upgraded. just bare bones stock.

i couldnt believe its a 06 and it isnt beat to hell by some kid

they took care of it..

im upgrading the tuners, ones for this thread that wouldnt require drilling would be the oval button kluson style. or the type similar to what they sometimes put on LPstd's (the green keyed style... )

Archived