Gibson Brands Forums

Difference in stock pickups

twiggy

Some of the models do get interchanged... I know the sticker on the bottom of a standard LP's neck pickup says "LP:NECK, DOT:NECK/BRIDGE" so I would imagine the dot gets a LP neck pup in both positions. Not sure about the sheraton, I would guess it gets the same... could be wrong though.

Some of the models do get interchanged... I know the sticker on the bottom of a standard LP's neck pickup says "LP:NECK' date=' DOT:NECK/BRIDGE" so I would imagine the dot gets a LP neck pup in both positions. Not sure about the sheraton, I would guess it gets the same... could be wrong though.[/quote']

Close. Most new Epiphones utilize two pickups - the "57 classic" and the "HOTCH". The Dot and Sheraton, for

example, have the "57" in both positions. LPs, G400s (I think) and the Dot Studio have the "HOT" pickup at the bridge

position.

G400s (I think) and the Dot Studio have the "HOT" pickup at the bridge position.

Correct (for the G-400). I just took the chrome covers off my stock G-400 PU's tonight and this is what the stickers on the back of them said:

NECK

57CH(G)

DOT: Neck' date=' Bridge

LP: Neck

BCH

[u']Bridge[/u]

HOTCH(G)

LP: Bridge

BCH

Matt

Archived