Gibson Brands Forums

What guitar is this?

crawshanty

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I have this completely trashed Epiphone guitar I bought from a pawnshop years ago. It is basically unplayable so I was going to sell it on Ebay for whatever it would bring. But when I strung it up--just to see if I still have all the pieces for the bridge (and I couldn't remember if the electronics worked; they don't)--I remembered the amazingly bratty punk-rock tone this thing has, and now I can't let it go.

I think it's Korean made from '91, based on the serial#. Anyone know this model? Anyone know a good source for replacement hardware?

epifish2.jpg

epifish1.jpg

Wow, that looks nice! The serial # on this one is 1017610, and it does say "Made in Japan" on the metal plate where the neck is bolted on.

I think the headstock on this thing is really sweet; that original gold hardware was nice too (long gone on mine).

Now all I have to do is replace the bridge/tailpiece, frets(maybe), nut, tuning machines, and electronics... looks like a long-term project!

Now all I have to do is replace the bridge/tailpiece' date=' frets(maybe), nut, tuning machines, and electronics... looks like a long-term project! [/quote']

It could be, but you can do it a little at a time so that you can continue to play it all the while. If you like the way it sounds, that seems like the way to go. In any event, the more "restored" it eventually was, the more you would get for it if you decided to ebay it later. Just my 2-cents. Cheers.

Thanks for the replies - using the info you all provided I did some further searching and it looks like this guitar is an ET-290 (version of a Crestwood?) from the 1970s. http://everythingsg.com/images/old_epi/1974epicat.jpg

Not sure why the serial number pulled up different info when plugged into guitardaterproject.com

Thanks again and happy playing!

Wow' date=' that looks nice! The serial # on this one is 1017610, and it does say "Made in Japan" on the metal plate where the neck is bolted on.

I think the headstock on this thing is really sweet; that original gold hardware was nice too (long gone on mine).

Now all I have to do is replace the bridge/tailpiece, frets(maybe), nut, tuning machines, and electronics... looks like a

long-term project! [/quote']

Sorry I should looked a little better #-o I wonder what the wisdom was in the early to mid 70's for Epi to do all of the bolt on stuff, cost effective?

mgm

Archived