Gibson Brands Forums

Fake! Les Paul Standard am i fu*ked!!?

Heksa

well you took your chances on a fake POS when you got it off ebay... the headstock looks all wrong to me.. im pretty tired of all the people buying **** off ebay and then getting all upset when they find out its a fake.. sorry dude you should have done a lil more looking before you got it.. i would have to say its fake... eh too bad.. lesson learned i guess huh..

compare the nut on yours to the nut on 1 that you know to be genuine...........or to pictures of the nut on a real Epi.

I bet yours is not only taller, but at least 1+1/2 times as thick as the nut on a real one.

they have to use the grossly oversized nut on many fakes because the machine used cuts the headstock at

the wrong angle relative to the neck, and therefore the fretboard.

Ok, this guitar is a fake. I did contact the seller and he promise to refund half of my moneys back. I told him that half is not enough for this peace of ****. After all, i paid for this guitar with shipping 320 pounds and the seller did refund me 200 pounds, end of story.

Positive thing is, that this guitar looks and plays quite nice. Neck is straight, without any fret rattles. Trussrod, hardware and electronics is working properly. Woods can`t be very bad because sustain is just huge.

Will keep this thing for a while and maybe later sell it forward. But i WILL tell to buyers that this is just a guitar, with epiphone stamped on headstock.

Archived