Gibson Brands Forums

The Edge's Epiphone on ebay.

Kev1281734067

Check out Ebay for one of The Edge's Les pauls up for 7000k. Its being sold to make a bit of money for music rising. It was given to Stuart Adamsons (Big Country, The Skids) daughter by the Edge as he says Stuart guitar playing made him pick a guitar up and some of his early stuff came from Stuarts music with the Skids. ebay.co.uk/stuart-adamson-auction

That's a very nice guitar the The Edge kindly donated.

I was lucky enough to meet Stuart Adamson, whilst he was with The Skids in his pre Big Country era met quite a few other great musicians (although i won't name drop!) whilst being President of the student union & 'social secretary' which would have been around 1977-ish........ie it was me who booked all of the bands for the college and arranged all of their backstage 'wishes & desires', vodka, a big bowl-full of only the Blue/Orange/Red M & M's and all things in between.

Stuart was a really nice guy - The Skids vocalist of the time, the ever-flamboyant Richard Jobson, however, was a complete plonker by contrast.

I didn't meet Stuart but I did a interview with him over the phone for the radio station I was working at at the time. I think I still have it on tape somewhere. He came across as a genuinely nice guy and a full of humor too. I wish I could have met him.

Archived