Gibson Brands Forums

Super GAS

RaSTuS

Whatever you decide scratch off the solid state amps from your list. All you need are valves! Get these:

I've been playing my Vibroverb a lot lately and it's just a darling!

My prob with that is there is no power where I'm goin', I have to generate my own, so I want a sliding scale of power consumption so I can better manage my batteries.

Of the guitars on your list the only one I have is the Fender Strat Deluxe. It's an awesome guitar for sure. The VG Strat sure is an interesting guitar and I would rather have one of those instead of the Robot guitars from Gibson. For a Les Paul you should look into one of the Custom Shop reissues. I have two and they are phenomenal. Go for the R6 as its less expensive than most of the CS offerings and the P90's are just so cool.

I already got an ultra-II, but if you read the whole thread you'll understand the reasoning behind some of my decisions, this is the last lump of money I'm ever gonna get, so there's reasons I wanna get landmark guitars, good or bad, it's my nest egg and playground combined so I stand by a lotta those decisions.

Ah, I see, we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one. I don't consider any of the guitars on your list to be of the "landmark" variety. I could be wrong but if you are buying with the notion that those guitars will increase in value I think you are mistaken. Good luck.

Ah' date=' I see, we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one. I don't consider any of the guitars on your list to be of the "landmark" variety. I could be wrong but if you are buying with the notion that those guitars will increase in value I think you are mistaken. Good luck. [/quote']

Love or hate the robots, they are the 1st electronic autotune gits Gibby produced, that may seem trivial now, but in 20 yrs when all gits are autotuned, a pristine one will be worth it's weight in gold.

You gotta remember, I'm over 50, the changes and advancements I've seen over that time are jaw dropping, i remember TRS-80 computers, they were cheap as chips in their time and most people mocked them, if you got one of 'em now in reasonable condition you can write your own ticket, shirt, i remember we used to kick the old parts we'd gathered from repairing them around at lunchtime playin' soccer. Damn, there wasn't even jet engined passenger planes yet, back when I was a youngen.

One git i missed on that list was a Maton MS-500 1958 50th Anniversary Mastersound, it was initiated in the best year and it's got a 1958 inlay on the 12th fret, i'll keep it around to remind me of how ancient i'm becomming.

Maton_MS-500_1958_50thAnniversaryMastersound.jpg

Just remembered, i can get new robots cheaper than the non robot equivs, even if you don't use the autotune, ya' still gotta gibby lp studio, and the sg is up to spec too.

So i really can't pass up on it. This assumes of course that no bugger snatches 'em in the mean time.

Archived