Gibson Brands Forums

EPI HEADSTOCK W/ NO SERIAL NUMBER?

mbrooks0711

Hey I am kind of confused. Ran across this one, the owner says it is from either the late 80's or early 90's but it has no serial number. Also the headstock is a different shape (but from reading I understand that at different points, different headstocks were used for special models/elite models, etc). Please shed some light on this for me please2af4_1.JPG

2d02_1.JPG

!BR3EpLwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-EMEjlLluimHBK!LWY8k(!~~_1.JPG

Truss Rod Cover.

Actually I'd say that's a late '80s Samick build, based on the headstock shape. Possibly the serial number was on a sticker which has since come off or been removed. A rare find, and a good quality guitar. More than likely it has the 15:1 Gotoh tuners too.

Oh my gosh i feel like an idiot. I knew what TRC meant, it just escaped me for a little bit. Oh man, I don't need to buy this guitar, but it is gorgeous. My wife would kill me, but to quote some advice I received the day I got married "Just remember, its always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission".

Those early Epiphone Les Pauls made by Samick are very nice. Are you looking at buying that one? Assuming you like the way it plays, I'd grab it if I were you if the price is reasonable.

I'm not sure how long they had the modified open book headstock, but it wasn't long.

Archived