Gibson Brands Forums

To trade or not to trade?

lpfan

Somebody offered my a trade today. They had a 2007 Epi LP Standard in the cherry burst finish. They said it had a small nick on the neck but not noticeable unless you were looking for it. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know how bad it is. I have a line6 spider III 75 watt amp thats hasn't been played on for over an hour since I got it. I have a little girl and she keeps me very busy. Should I trade the amp for the guitar instead of letting the amp sit there. I have another amp, its smaller but I don't play anywhere except at home. I really don't know what I should do? I know the guitar is worth more than the amp so maybe its a no brainer. Just wondered what you guys thought.

I thought it was a no brainer. I haven't seen the spot on the neck yet. I have seen pictures of the rest of the guitar and it looks nice but I was worried that it might have fallen of the stand and got nicked, or maybe cracked the lacquer where the neck is set. I'll ask for pics of the nick. I have to wait on his ebay sale to end first. Its been 24 hours so far and nobody has bid on his guitar. I think he is asking too much to start with. He priced it to me for 30 bucks less than MF. I didn't think that was a deal at all.

Anytime you can trade an average amp for an above average guitar, I would do it. I traded my sub-par line 6 spider II 75 watt amp for a BOSS GT-6 multi-fx and it is literally the best trade I've ever made. My opinion might be biased because I hate Line 6 spiders though. Oh the joy when I ditched that thing and got a tube amp...

Well I'm gonna trade for the epi lp if they don't sell it on ebay. Theres still a little over a day left on the sale. No one has bid yet. I'm just hoping that nobody bids on it at the last minute. I also saw a pic of the nick. Its on the binding on the top of the neck. He held a pick next to it to show the size and it is very very small. So now I'm just waiting unless he changes his mind.

Archived