Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day!!! gold top owners please read!

Guest icantbuyafender1281734135

Guest icantbuyafender

Ahh.. finally.

8+ years in the waiting i finally acquired a Les Paul Gold top by Epi by way of a longtime epi/gibby dealer in my hometown called "sound vibrations"

the thing is, I played it, and well, isnt there supposed to be a traditional 60 cycle hum on the neck only and bridge only settings?

all three toggle selection positions have the same backround taste... even the middle.

a faint yet p!ssed off sounding "noisy pup buzz"... not the hum of a fender single coil.

through my dead quiet tube, that sound is audible on all 3 spots

Im really hoping its cause they arent wired up wrong and that the reason is that they arent rw/rp

anyone w/ a gold top please respond!

Ahh.. finally.

8+ years in the waiting i finally acquired a Les Paul Gold top by Epi by way of a longtime epi/gibby dealer in my hometown called "sound vibrations"

the thing is' date=' I played it, and well, isnt there supposed to be a traditional 60 cycle hum on the neck only and bridge only settings?

all three toggle selection positions have the same backround taste... even the middle.

a faint yet p!ssed off sounding "noisy pup buzz"... not the hum of a fender single coil.

through my dead quiet tube, that sound is audible on all 3 spots

Im really hoping its cause they arent wired up wrong and that the reason is that they arent rw/rp

anyone w/ a gold top please respond!

[/quote']

I had a '56 GT years ago (Unsung 1998), the pickups weren't RWRP. In fact, I swapped out the pups for GFS because the GFS were RWRP. I don't know about the newer ones.

Guest icantbuyafender

oh and mine has grovers =D>

upsetting... i am a huge fan of the tulip style kluson tuners

Guest icantbuyafender
Yeah' date=' I pulled the P-90s in mine and put Gibson Mini-humbuckers in it. Best move ever. I love it now! I tried to like P-90s, but they are too noisy for me. My '56 GT gets a lot more playtime now.[/quote']

so, you had the same buzz out of you pickups on all three toggle positions too?

btw, that mod you did look fantastic!

Archived