Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone played one of the new 3 pickup rivieras?

gibsonbass76

I am talking about the Epiphone Limited Edition Riviera Custom P93 Electric Guitar. I have seen a little bit of discussion about them on here, but want to know if anyone has played one long enough to have the "honeymoon effect" wear off and have a honest review. I love humbuckers and want to know how good those p90s sound, and just general opinions of them. Show them if you got them! Thanks guys...

I am talking about the Epiphone Limited Edition Riviera Custom P93 Electric Guitar. I have seen a little bit of discussion about them on here' date=' but want to know if anyone has played one long enough to have the "honeymoon effect" wear off and have a honest review. I love humbuckers and want to know how good those p90s sound, and just general opinions of them. Show them if you got them! Thanks guys...[/quote']

DCinDC can tell ya all about it.

In fact I'm sure if you search this forum and maybe that HCEG thing-ama-jiggy you'll run across a few that have either owned it or encountered it. I have never even seen one. We only get the run O' the mill in these parts.

It's gotten mixed reviews.

The biggest sore toe being the mounted pickup ring under the bridge pup that wasn't apparent on the reviewed copy that Epi sent out before the production run.

I think DC was offering his up for sale last month...

Charlie Brown and I believe Tulsaslim and a few others on here got lucky and picked em up on MF's close out sale.

If you do a search on them I think you will find not only do almost everyone who has them love them...but a bunch are waiting for the return of them back at the online stores so they can get one also.

I think you would like the P-90s...I have a WildKat with them...and damn they sound good. The WildKats might be a good test guitar for you to check out to hear how the P-90s sound...be careful tho...the WKs can be very habit forming...lol If I could explain it to the wife I would be looking for one of the P-93s myself!

Capt

Archived