Gibson Brands Forums

esonic 2 help..........

Thumpic

I am considering a RJ500.........it plays good and has a great unplugged sound; heres the rub... While testing it out I could never a get a signal from the saddle pick-up. I tried every combination of settings and output jacks, but i only got a signal from the magnetic pick up (which sounded great!).......The guy at the store thinks the saddle pick up is bad; but I think maybe a stereo cord is needed....any thoughts?? Also is there anywhere to download a manual for this system??

Thanks in advance!!!

.......The guy at the store thinks the saddle pick up is bad; but I think maybe a stereo cord is needed....any thoughts??

No' date=' a mono cord is required for both pickups on together in mono. Don't they have a tech who can check it out???

[center']mb_jacks.jpg[/center]

=D> ...............hmmmm.....this is getting odder..........i found an esonic manual on the Epiphone site and it made no mention of needing a stereo cord........but..........I also called Gibson customer service and they told me that a STEREO cord was needed on the nanoflex jack to use that pick up.....so..............I called the kid at the store and he tried a stereo cord and still did not get a signal from the saddle pick up..........very strange..........it does sound like an electronics bug.....

I am considering a RJ500.........it plays good and has a great unplugged sound; heres the rub... While testing it out I could never a get a signal from the saddle pick-up. I tried every combination of settings and output jacks' date=' but i only got a signal from the magnetic pick up (which sounded great!).......The guy at the store thinks the saddle pick up is bad; but I think maybe a stereo cord is needed....any thoughts?? Also is there anywhere to download a manual for this system??

Thanks in advance!!![/quote']

Check the postings (search) here. They have had nothing but problems since switching to the Esonic system. It would be a warrany issue.

I have one of the older LRBaggs versions and would not trade it in for an updated version. See if you can track down one of the older ones or tell the store to look out for trade-ins. Mine is the one with the wheel in the soundhole instead of the cut out and extra jacks. Much nicer to look at and reliable too.

[-o< ...............hmmmm.....this is getting odder..........i found an esonic manual on the Epiphone site and it made no mention of needing a stereo cord........but..........I also called Gibson customer service and they told me that a STEREO cord was needed on the nanoflex jack to use that pick up.....so..............I called the kid at the store and he tried a stereo cord and still did not get a signal from the saddle pick up..........very strange..........it does sound like an electronics bug.....

It's a bug. I have one, I use a mono cord all the time in the nanoflex jack, both pickups work fine.

Archived