Gibson Brands Forums

Zakk Wylde Les Paul

Do you have the Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Pual?

Im thinking about getting so I would to know how the EMG's sound (i know they will differ through different amps, I have a Marshall).

So I guess I just want to know the good and, if any, bad points about the guitar (tuning etc...)

I've put up my Sheraton 2 for sale to fund the Les Paul because the bullseye model is smokin hot!

Thanks.

Hey,

I got a zakk wylde buzzsaw...i love it :(

The EMG HZ pickups aren't really my thing, I used to love EMG's (mostly because they look awesome) but I'm starting to realize now that there are so many other pickups that (to me) just have so much more tonal quality about them...I going to upgrade to pickups that compliment the guitar rather than overshadowing it...but that's just my opinion! Everyone has different tastes, so don't take it too literally!

Other than that, I think this guitar is awesome! I've never had problems with tuning or anything, and this guitar is built like a brick! I find it really nice to play (with the unpainted neck and everything) and its really beefy, it feels like i'm playing real guitar! I've never really been into light guitars, and this one's pretty heavy.

Anyway, hope that helps you a bit

Mealz

p.s expect compliments everywhere you go...I swear, every place I've ever played at I've had someone come up to me and compliment how awesome my guitar is! Feels pretty good :)

I have an Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul and it's an AWESOME guitar!

Looks great, plays great, sounds great, stays in tune for days!

A lot of guys say the stock passive EMG HZs are crap.... but I completely disagree. I think they sound great and I can play any style of music with this guitar ....... blues, country, jazz, R&B, classic rock, hard rock, 80's metal...... etc.....

Here's a couple clips:

Do you have the Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Pual?

Im thinking about getting so I would to know how the EMG's sound (i know they will differ through different amps' date=' I have a Marshall).

So I guess I just want to know the good and, if any, bad points about the guitar (tuning etc...)

I've put up my Sheraton 2 for sale to fund the Les Paul because the bullseye model is smokin hot!

Thanks.

[/quote']

Hi Alan,

I used to own a Zakk Wylde bullseye lp,I sold it about 6 months ago.

I liked the guitar a lot but i do feel you could get a much nicer guitar for the pricetag of the bullseye,But that does not take away from the fact it was a joy to play.The neck was a little thicker than i would of liked,But other than that i cant honestly think of one bad point about the guitar other than the positioning of the pickup selecter. (Got in the way of my finger tapping)

The guitar itself is solid as a rock.The mahogany body gives a dark and rich tone,and if you play metal the EMG's are decent,but you would want to upgrade to a proper set,an 85 and a 81,second only to bareknuckle's,in my personal opinion and certainly worth forking out the extra for.You said you played a marshall,I ran mine through a line 6 and a roland cube,and especially through the roland cube it was an extremely abrasive tone,and the harmonics i could achieve with this set up was amazing.I can't comment on running it through a marshall i'm afraid.

All in all,A solid powerhorse,Excellent sustain,especially Brilliant for harmonics and chunky down-tuned rythm's, and the only down sides to me was the slightly too thick neck (but that again is personal opinion) and pickup selecter placement.

Archived