Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Les Paul neck profiles...

hminh87

I always though that Epiphone does the same thing as Gibson when it comes to general neck profiles.

Today, my friend tried a Epi LP Classic and though the neck was rather chunky compared to Epi Standard/Custom.

I'm exchanging messages for a Epi LP Classic because I liked the feel of the Gibson classic neck. Now i'm not sure. Somebody knows about this please help me?

I have an Epi LP Classic and an Epi Lp Studio, both necks "feel"

to me like the '60s shape below, but they are slim necks. I don't

like the "fat" c-shape. Depends on your personal taste and hand size

I suppose. Both necks start as a flattened D, the gradually become thinner

and wider near the body to allow easier access to the strings.

shapeszi3.jpg

kangaroo.gif

It's basically a matter of consistency, or a lack thereof. First, you have guitars being made at different plants over the years, each with different set-ups and specs. The slimmest necks I've seen (not including Elitists) have been on the older Samick LPs. Very nice. But basically it's a crap shoot and there's no standard or general rule. So basically you have to shop around and hope to find one with a neck that suits you.

I have an Epi LP Classic and an Epi Lp Studio' date=' both necks "feel"

to me like the '60s shape below, but they are slim necks. I don't

like the "fat" c-shape. Depends on your personal taste and hand size

I suppose. Both necks start as a flattened D, the gradually become thinner

and wider near the body to allow easier access to the strings.

[img'][/img]shapeszi3.jpg

kangaroo.gif

The digram above is of, the neck shape for Fender guitars. Gibson/Epi necks are, more like half circles.

Guest icantbuyafender

that first shape is the chunky sonofagun neck profile that my G400 is sporting

its amazing

My dot's is slimmer.

My LP's have the 60's slim neck, as does my sg special.

It's basically a matter of consistency' date=' or a lack thereof. First, you have guitars being made at different plants over the years, each with different set-ups and specs. The slimmest necks I've seen (not including Elitists) have been on the older Samick LPs. Very nice. But basically it's a crap shoot and there's no standard or general rule. So basically you have to shop around and hope to find one with a neck that suits you.[/quote']

I can vouch for that, I have an 89 Samik LP and it has the slimmest neck of any Epi LP that I have ever seen.

mgm

Archived