Gibson Brands Forums

Will this fit?

IntelligentAl

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while so here goes!

I'm thinking about getting a tremolo arm for my Epi Les Paul Studio, but don't like the idea of drilling holes in it to fit a Bigsby. So instead I've decided to go with one of the ones that just fit onto the existing bridge posts. I quite like this one:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schaller_lp_tremolo.htm

Trouble is, I don't have a clue what the measurements of the bridge on my Epi are. Does anybody know if this will fit?

Also, are these trems any good?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Al

If the unit is available from a local music store, they might be willing to try installing it.

I'm looking at installing a Bigsby on my Epiphone 56 Goldtop Reissue. The one you are looking at would probably work. It looks like new posts would have to be installed to hold the assembly.

You might contact the manufacturer to see what they have to say.

Thanks, Shartom, but my local guitar shop isn't all that friendly, unfortunately, so I doubt they would let me try it out, even if they did have any in stock.

Wardog, I really like the look of that Les Trem. Do you know if that one fits onto an Epi? And do Stewmac even ship to the UK (without having to pay realllllly big prices)?

One other thing, do all Epi Les Pauls have the same measurements when it comes to bridge and tailpiece? If so, does anyone know what they are?

info on items states it will fit guitars with a gibson style stoppiece. send stewmac a email about the piece and shipping. i have had nothing but great experience working with them on items i have purchased. good look.

I guess I haven't been trumpeting stetsbar.com loud enough. Sorry.

no drilling holes

capability to dive bomb and w/e else floyd rose and those other things do

doesn't go out of tune when a string breaks

tune-o-matic bridge

and YOU CAN TELL THEM YOU WANT ONE THAT WILL FIT ON AN EPIPHONE, and they'll give you one that fits on an epiphone... they've even got a picture of someone serving in Iraq with a stetsbar equipped epiphone on their news page...

Archived