Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Shop Firebird Pups

bonzoboy

I was taking a close look at my 06 Ltd. Ed. MIK Custom Shop Firebird yesterday and it looks like someone maybe had the pups changed or at least lifted them out to check them.I was wondering what the standard pups were in the C.S. Firebirds as the pups sound a lot hotter than the pups on my MIC G400 Custom.I bought it lightly used from my usual guitar shop but I was wondering if maybe they used Gibson made H.B.s on C.S. guitars,I don't want to get into taking the pups out myself but I strongly suspect they're Gibson pups.Could someone enlighten me please?

I don't think it'll have different pickups to any other Firebird Studio, and it should say on the bottom of them vaguely what they are. The Limited Edition/Custom Shop logo will be for the non standard finish. It is the sunburst finish right? The logo often denotes a non standard finish, or the addition of a bigsby, or all black hardware, or something. It's usually cosmetic. For example I've seen G400s in a sort of Pelham Blue colour, with the Custom Shop logo. These are stock guitars, apart from the finish.

Archived