Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Dusk Tiger...Yea or nay?

bonzoboy

Hum. $4000 for the ability to put a guitar into different tunings (automatically) when playing live...

A band I was in a while back used to cover the Rolling Stones' No Expectations. As I played the slide part I kept my G-400 in open E on a stand behind me...As I recall, this guitar didn't cost me $4000 (in fact, it didn't cost $400) - so I guess one can save a few bucks by going down the two guitars route(!)

I don't mean to be flippant...but I suppose I don't like to see too much electronic trickery appended to guitars. I appreciate this isn't exactly logical - at the end of the day, all that separates a "Robot Guitar" from an electronic tuner is the absence of the player's fingers on the machine heads...and probably what Leo Fender and Les Paul did all those years ago was viewed by some as electronic trickery at the time.

But still...a self tuning guitar? I just don't like the idea - sorry. Not to mention that the "Dusk Tiger" is downright ugly IMHO...

Oh' date=' I forgot to mention - every one of those doctors, lawyers, accountants, and rock stars that buy a $4,000 Gibby are helping to underwrite this forum. So in that sense, I hope they sell a ton of them to keep our little back alley of "cost effective" (read cheapskate) guitar afficionados going for a long time...[/quote']

Good point!

I'm sure I won't be buying one of these dust buckets, but I think they look pretty cool -- except for the fret inlays...

Archived