Gibson Brands Forums

wilkinson Deluxe kluson style tuners

Guest icantbuyafender1281734135

Guest icantbuyafender

I recieved ALL 3 chrome sets and put them easily in my G400, LPstd, and goldie.

the G400 and Goldie had grovers on them, but the grover screw hole line up PERFECTLY, and i used my Dremmel drill bit set (great investment) to make the top screw holes once the conversion bushings from GFS were pushed into place and the bottom grover screw was secured.

Heres the jist of what they look like on my LP std

(poor guitar never gets any photo time with you guys)

LPstd1.jpg

LPstd2.jpg

You kluson lovers will enjoy this $22 dollar alternative from MMTGenterprises at their ebay store

Now just waiting for my gold set and gold bushings, and Cream TUSQ nut and Cream TUSQ saddles

Wooooo merry xmas to mee!

Guest icantbuyafender
Looks good' date=' do they come in the "snot" green as well? [/quote']

nopers. just cream buttons like the new real deal klusons by tonepros

Glad to hear they line up with the original grover screw holes. I can't wait to fit them to my Les Paul. Tell me though, is the colour of the buttons properly creamy/yellowy, or is it brighter. It's just that they're described as Ivory by mmtgenterprises on EBay which, for me, conjurs up images of nearly pure white. I don't know why. They look genuinely creamy in your pics. How does the colour compare to say the neck and body binding on your guitar?

How about a pic of the front of the headstock too? That reminds me, I need to order some of the conversion bushings from my local supplier.

Guest icantbuyafender
Glad to hear they line up with the original grover screw holes. I can't wait to fit them to my Les Paul. Tell me though' date=' is the colour of the buttons properly creamy/yellowy, or is it brighter. It's just that they're described as Ivory by mmtgenterprises on EBay which, for me, conjurs up images of nearly pure white. I don't know why. They look genuinely creamy in your pics. How does the colour compare to say the neck and body binding on your guitar?

How about a pic of the front of the headstock too? That reminds me, I need to order some of the conversion bushings from my local supplier.[/quote']

they match body and necl binding almost flawlessy. they have the creamy/pale yellow/ white look that is just amazing. swoop I'll get a pic of the binding a buttons for ya.

A pic of the front of the headstock will suffice, just so I can see how they look. I'll take your word that they match the binding well. Sure can't wait to get them on there. As much as I love Grovers, I think the Kluson style tuners will suit my LP much better. The whole guitar just has a vintage vibe, but the Rotomatics on it, even though they're from the same era as Kluson tuners, just look modern and like they don't quite fit. It doesn't look balanced to me.

Guest icantbuyafender
A pic of the front of the headstock will suffice' date=' just so I can see how they look. I'll take your word that they match the binding well. Sure can't wait to get them on there. As much as I love Grovers, I think the Kluson style tuners will suit my LP much better. The whole guitar just has a vintage vibe, but the Rotomatics on it, even though they're from the same era as Kluson tuners, just look modern and like they don't quite fit. It doesn't look balanced to me.[/quote']

yeah once I removed the grovers from my G400, and put these on... no more neck dive! my new LP ultra has that neck dive problem too. its getting wilinsons too, soon.

Archived