Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Explorer

explorer09

Hi im new to this forum....i have been playing since 1986 and i just got my first epiphone...its the 84 reissue explorer.....a lot of people talk **** about epiphones and say they are low quality and are firewood....well i got this guitar and is totally not garbage...i love it....here is a pic

P1030013.jpg

HNGD and welcome to the forum!

That's awesome mate, I'm this forum's #1 Explorer fan, and definitely love the white ones. A lot of people think Explorers are Epi's best quality guitars, which from my own experience I tend to agree with; mine is nigh flawless.

yeah bro i agree...a friend of mine that lives in germany ...he plays all the in flames songs....he has an epiphone prophecy les paul....and it sounds awesome....my explorer plays flawlessly and i didnt put locking tuners on it....i never seen that before....i keep it in standard e with 10-46 d'addario...the kids in the esp forum ****ing dog epiphones

Aye, I have a Les Paul Prophecy EX too (although the neck is broken and awaiting repair) and it seriously kicks some ***, but it's just not as fun to play as the Explorer. Are those EMGs I see on yours? I was planning to swap the EMGs from my LP into the Explorer, but I fell in love with the stock pickups before I got around to it [cool]

I, too, spend most of my time in standard tuning with those strings.

I'm midway through completely overhauling my Explorer. It used to be a Goth, but I've replaced the black hardware with chrome, and I'm going to slap a white pickguard on it when I have some free money:

explorernew.jpg

I'd much rather have my authentic Explorer shape than that ugly-*** pointy ESP one any day. [biggrin]

Archived