Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Blackstone wanted

jtres

I am dying to have a 1940s Epiphone Blackstone but I really can't find one in good condition for sale anywhere. I want to have a crack free 40s Epiphone Blackstone, but it seems every one thats up for sale has had 5 cracks in it or has a terribly warped neck. Anyone have one of these guitars they're thinking about selling here?

You will be hard pressed to find one that has no major repairs. If you do' date=' you will pay dearly for it. As long as it has been properly repaired, it should be fine as a player.[/quote']

Yeah but after 3 cracks I wonder if the instrument truly sounds the same you know what I mean?

Yeah but after 3 cracks I wonder if the instrument truly sounds the same you know what I mean?

If the repair is done properly, there will be no real impact on sound.

I just saw a Blackstone sold locally. It was in really good shape but had been professionally refinished.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1941 Blond Blackstone. It is missing the bridge and needs to be restrung. Otherwise it is Beautiful. Has not had any restoration and does not have any Cracks or Scratches. Is in the Original cass. (The outside of Case is not in great, but the inside is excellent.) If interested please email me at qv2dannyboy@verizon.net will provide pictures if heard from! [crying]

• 1 month later...
I am dying to have a 1940s Epiphone Blackstone but I really can't find one in good condition for sale anywhere. I want to have a crack free 40s Epiphone Blackstone' date=' but it seems every one thats up for sale has had 5 cracks in it or has a terribly warped neck. Anyone have one of these guitars they're thinking about selling here?[/quote']

I bought one at an auction that is in excellent structural condition. Some one cover everything on the guitar with polyurethane so thick it looked like an orange peel. I have stripped it completely with only using a scraper. This guitar has not one dent. Right now it is completely raw wood. Next I have to decide what to do about the fret board. It too is coverd in poly and I think the frets are just too small. The only way to refinish the next right is to remove all the frets. I hate to thought because I am sure they are the orignials and are not in bad shape.

I am kinda rambling here sorry. I just wondered how serious you were and what your thoughts are on a refinished Blackstone.

• 3 months later...

I just picked a 1946 Epiphone Blackstone up today; natural finish, poor condition OHC and original DeArmond electirc pickup which clamps onto the strings. Pictures upon request. No cracks, breaks or repairs. Sound beautiful, intonation right-on; straight neck, normal fret wear - plays well. Let me know if you are still interested. If I don't hear from someone within two weeks, it goes on FleeBay, Thanks, Jim. I bought it from the son of the original owner, so I am the third owner.

Archived