Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul 'Plus'?

Swoop

I know there's a Standard Plus, denoting the flame maple top, but has anyone ever come across one of these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Electric-guitars/auction-270333104.htm

Looks to have a fantastic flame top. Instead of saying 'Les Paul Model' on the headstock though, it says 'Les Paul Plus', and the headstock itself appears to be bound. Anything else that makes this model special?

I know there's a Standard Plus' date=' denoting the flame maple top, but has anyone ever come across one of these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Electric-guitars/auction-270333104.htm

Looks to have a fantastic flame top. Instead of saying 'Les Paul Model' on the headstock though, it says 'Les Paul Plus', and the headstock itself appears to be bound. Anything else that makes this model special?[/quote']

You after another one already, Swoop?

Sounds like you've got the LP bug!

That one looks to have just as stunning a finish as yours.

Alan

It is gorgeous, and I especially like that bound headstock. And the start price on it is very cheap, though I don't imagine it'll stay that way. But no, not after it, I already have a bit of a project happening so I'm going to focus on that, and don't really have any need for another Les Paul. Not that another one would be a bad thing! I was just scouting the guitars for sale, as I, and I'm sure lots of other guitarists, so often do, even if there's no real intention of buying. Or no funds for that matter! And I'd never heard or seen the 'Plus' model before, nor anything with the single ply bound headstock like that.

Boy it's good looking. That flame is excellent, but look at that subtle, sort of curly figuring that runs the length of the body. Beautiful. When you see Epiphones like this, and ones like mine that are finished to such a high standard, how can can you justify a Gibson?

^I did wonder about that actually, but wondered if it was just the angle of the picture. Taking another look at the headstock too, the logo looks to be a bit far to the left. If it is indeed a fake, it's a very well finished one.

Archived