Gibson Brands Forums

Can you help me identify this case?

DagerOne

I need some help identifying this case. It's a TKL case that fits the Epiphone G400 that I have, "Made in Canada" per the leather tag on the inside pocket. It has the Epiphone "E" logo on the top. All of my searches bring up the "Premium" case with the full "Epiphone" script on the front. Searching through the TKL site for double-cutaway/SG styled cases doesn't bring up anything less expensive than the premium model again. I'm just trying to find info about this case, model number for example, what it originally might have cost, and if folks have any experience with one like this. It seems to be a fine case, covered in a black "tolex-type" material, has four latches with one bearing a loop to place a lock if desired, etc...but I doubt that it qualifies as a "premium" case. Thanks for any help!

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

Looks like every other Epi SG case I've ever seen except it's got the big E on the front instead of Epiphone and the stitches around the side are white instead of black. Inside is the same as all the Epi cases I own. I would say it's the same case you've seen on the net, but just an older model or a different factory run.

As for price, I paid about $150 AUS for my Wildkat case which has exactly the same plush internals and "pocket" but is just slightly bigger and deeper.

Looks like every other Epi SG case I've ever seen except it's got the big E on the front instead of Epiphone and the stitches around the side are white instead of black. Inside is the same as all the Epi cases I own. I would say it's the same case you've seen on the net' date=' but just an older model or a different factory run.

As for price, I paid about $150 AUS for my Wildkat case which has exactly the same plush internals and "pocket" but is just slightly bigger and deeper.[/quote']

+1. I think its just an Epi SG case. Nothing special.

Archived