Gibson Brands Forums

Valve Senior

Hello all and thank you for allowing me into your forum. I am a very proud owner of the new Valve Senior. I love the tones that range from Rock through Blues and that wonderful Sunday go to meeting sweet sound........and yes I even like the reverb in small doses.

I do have a question that perhaps someone here can answer. Can I purchase a Valve Jr. cab and add it to the Senior to create a ful stack?

Thanks in advance for answers and/or insights

Did you use the combo just at home or with a band?I think about buying the head or maybe the combo...but is this baby loud enough to play in a 70's oriented rock band?

It is louder then most of the stuff I rocked out with back then. Man if I had half the amps/speakers I fried and tossed away I could retire. Tone quality is what brought me to the Senior, I would stack it against a Blues Jr any day of the week. Now we are talken in my humble opinion and what sounds good to me. I have not as of yet had it out on a gig. Most of what I do these days is with the Old Time Fiddlers and you are not allowed to amp up when playing with them. I host an open mic. blues, bluegrass, and gospell night 3rd Friday of every month. I intend to get My blues on at the next one. I am coupling the Senior with a 97 Wasburn J6S..........Thats a Blues On for anyone.

Archived