Gibson Brands Forums

Stamped "Used" on the back of the Head Stock

MickeyNJ

Look it over VERY closely. That means there was some defect they could not correct at the factory and keep in with the instruments economics. Could be a finish blem, could be an improper neck angle. One you can live with, the other is a costly repair. Tread carefully.

Are you meaning eBay?If so you can't check it out.I bought a Lennon & McCartney (true!)

from a Dealer in Colorado.I find no fault at all with the Macca-it's a keeper & I put a sticker over the used stamp.

EJ160E was cosmetically perfect,but the pick-up was VERY quiet & I sold it very easily on eBay.

They usually give a full description of any faults -usually fixed-and photos.

Good luck,

El.

Look it over VERY closely. That means there was some defect they could not correct at the factory and keep in with the instruments economics. Could be a finish blem' date=' could be an improper neck angle. One you can live with, the other is a costly repair. Tread carefully.[/quote']

+1

My Guild GAD-50 is such an example, nothing instrumentally wrong, very small blemish on the side finish.

my AJ-500M is also stamped USED, it has a little gold sticker with a serial number over the original serial number too. In my case it was a small blemish in the finish that looks kinda light, about the size of a nickel. Other than that it is perfect though! If you are buying on eBay make sure you buy from one of the people who have large pics in the auction and point out the blemishes etc. Don't buy from someone without any pics at all!

Why are there so many of these stamped "used" on ebay? Makes a person wonder about qc at Epiphone to see so many of them.

Because, the reason people sell guitars on ebay instead of in person is they are crap guitars that no one would buy if they help them in hand and inspected them. Its amazing the crap people will put up with just to "get a deal."

Archived