Gibson Brands Forums

Some Swedish Gui-rotica

Some nice Epiphones for sale here in Sweden

Found this beauty for sale here thought I would share this a real beauty, but seems very very overpriced to me.........Teegar buy this one and give me your Wilshire......[biggrin]

Epiphone Crestwood Custom 1964

30,000.00 SEK

=

4,174.09 USD

8589612053.jpg

http://www.blocket.se/pitea/Epiphone_Crestwood_Custom_1964_26357719.htm?ca=11&w=3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epiphone Sorrento

4,000.00 SEK

=

556.891 USD

with case and looks old, like the tuners....I like this one......possible bargain probably get that for 3500sek

8327348407.jpg

http://www.blocket.se/jonkoping/Epiphone_Sorrento_26318370.htm?ca=11&w=3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epiphone Sorrento från 1966

25,000.00 SEK

=

3,479.66 USD

8580928932.jpg

http://www.blocket.se/skaraborg/Epiphone_Sorrento_fran_1966__26347821.htm?ca=11&w=3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epiphone SG

4,500.00 SEK

=

627.198 USD

6418766914.jpg

http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Epiphone_SG_26054493.htm?ca=11&w=3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I would share these, so you guys can see what Epiphones are on offer here in Sweden

Now Joseph, why would I pay $4175 for a Crestwood in Sweden, when I could buy one in the US for $5750?

Actually I've been to this dealer, they have a killer stock, including a 1964 blonde Sheraton ($8500 for that one! But really, nice guys with great guitars, just too rich for my blood).

crestwood.jpg

Epiphone Crestwood Custom Model Solid Body Electric Guitar (1964), made in Kalamazoo, Michigan, serial # 182863, white lacquer finish, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fingerboard, original grey hard shell case.

A cool and early example of the second version of Epiphone's "SG Standard" equivalent, the Crestwood custom. Up through 1963 these Epi solidbodies were all symmetrical-bodied double cutaways with a Gibson-style 3-on-3 headstock; for the 1964 model year the entire line was re-modeled into this more Fender-esque design. The headstock gained the distinctive single-sided profile collectors have nicknamed the "Batwing" and the body's treble side horn was shortened. The re-styled line was somewhat more successful but the Epiphone solidbodies never gained the prestiege or professional acceptance of their Gibson equivalents, despite being made alongside them in the same factory!

This Crestwood Custom dates to mid-1964, and carries the solid white finish that was a catalog option but in practice is rather less common than the regular cherry stain. All hardware is nickle plated and includes two patent # mini-humbucking pickups, ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge and the long Epiphone Trem-O-Tone vibrato with a rosewood block insert. As is common with the white-finished examples, this example has original small Les Paul Custom "fretless wonder" frets on the bound oval-inlaid rosewood fingerboard. The neck is chunkier than post-1965 examples and this rates as one of the nicest of this model we have ever seen. It includes the original shaped grey-tolex covered case, originally issued for the earlier version of the Crestwood but obviously still in stock when this one was sold! This is a very light, handy and hot-sounding guitar with a particularly snarly tone when cranked up.

Overall length is 39 1/8 in. (99.4 cm.), 13 1/4 in. (33.7 cm.) wide at lower bout, and 1 1/2 in. (3.8 cm.) in depth, measured at side of rim. Scale length is 24 3/4 in. (629 mm.). Width of nut is 1 5/8 in. (41 mm.). 100% original with just some very small spots of finish wear, most noticeably one scratch on the top and some chips to the headstock edges. A truly beautiful example of this rare Kalamazoo Epiphone solidbody. Excellent + Condition.

Item # 4181

$5,750.00

Now Joseph' date=' why would I pay $4175 for a Crestwood in Sweden, when I could buy one in the US for $5750?

Actually I've been to this dealer, they have a killer stock, including a 1964 blonde Sheraton ($8500 for that one! But really, nice guys with great guitars, just too rich for my blood).

[img']http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4663/crestwood.jpg[/img]

Epiphone Crestwood Custom Model Solid Body Electric Guitar (1964), made in Kalamazoo, Michigan, serial # 182863, white lacquer finish, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fingerboard, original grey hard shell case.

A cool and early example of the second version of Epiphone's "SG Standard" equivalent, the Crestwood custom. Up through 1963 these Epi solidbodies were all symmetrical-bodied double cutaways with a Gibson-style 3-on-3 headstock; for the 1964 model year the entire line was re-modeled into this more Fender-esque design. The headstock gained the distinctive single-sided profile collectors have nicknamed the "Batwing" and the body's treble side horn was shortened. The re-styled line was somewhat more successful but the Epiphone solidbodies never gained the prestiege or professional acceptance of their Gibson equivalents, despite being made alongside them in the same factory!

This Crestwood Custom dates to mid-1964, and carries the solid white finish that was a catalog option but in practice is rather less common than the regular cherry stain. All hardware is nickle plated and includes two patent # mini-humbucking pickups, ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge and the long Epiphone Trem-O-Tone vibrato with a rosewood block insert. As is common with the white-finished examples, this example has original small Les Paul Custom "fretless wonder" frets on the bound oval-inlaid rosewood fingerboard. The neck is chunkier than post-1965 examples and this rates as one of the nicest of this model we have ever seen. It includes the original shaped grey-tolex covered case, originally issued for the earlier version of the Crestwood but obviously still in stock when this one was sold! This is a very light, handy and hot-sounding guitar with a particularly snarly tone when cranked up.

Overall length is 39 1/8 in. (99.4 cm.), 13 1/4 in. (33.7 cm.) wide at lower bout, and 1 1/2 in. (3.8 cm.) in depth, measured at side of rim. Scale length is 24 3/4 in. (629 mm.). Width of nut is 1 5/8 in. (41 mm.). 100% original with just some very small spots of finish wear, most noticeably one scratch on the top and some chips to the headstock edges. A truly beautiful example of this rare Kalamazoo Epiphone solidbody. Excellent + Condition.

Item # 4181

$5,750.00

Jeez Teeg you have shocked me it is usually more expensive to buy guitars here. It is good to compare prices across the pond....

PS I would not buy that one for $5,750.00 it is white I hate white guitars.......[biggrin]

Archived