Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone valve special help

jagg11

So I purchased a valve special, got it home and wasn't impressed. the speaker was way to grumbly under any kind of power and to get decent cleans for using effects through a tube amp the amp was whisper quiet with no volume. it had no punch behind it and got way to distorted under any kind of load. I'm at a loss, i want an amp like my 5150 212 combo for the tube power but I want to run effects on a clean tube sound with some punch behind it without having to get all crazy distorted sounds. I guess I'm at a loss, I have a little roland cube practice amp but even when using the clean channel it's so unresponsive and it gets irritating to play it has great volume but any kind of distortion through it and that's all it is no matter how you strum, I guess that's why I was looking for a tube amp. is running digital effects through a tube amp gona be responsive in terms of if you have a gentle strum verses banging out a bar chord? that's the problem I am tying to solve and am not having very much success. any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I purchased a valve special' date=' got it home and wasn't impressed. the speaker was way to grumbly under any kind of power and to get decent cleans for using effects through a tube amp the amp was whisper quiet with no volume. it had no punch behind it and got way to distorted under any kind of load. I'm at a loss, i want an amp like my 5150 212 combo for the tube power but I want to run effects on a clean tube sound with some punch behind it without having to get all crazy distorted sounds. I guess I'm at a loss, I have a little roland cube practice amp but even when using the clean channel it's so unresponsive and it gets irritating to play it has great volume but any kind of distortion through it and that's all it is no matter how you strum, I guess that's why I was looking for a tube amp. is running digital effects through a tube amp gona be responsive in terms of if you have a gentle strum verses banging out a bar chord? that's the problem I am tying to solve and am not having very much success. any help would be greatly appreciated. [/quote']

[confused]

Archived