Gibson Brands Forums

Incoming! les paul special p90

ken361

#-o Its coming wed form musician friend its the cherry one and it better be in one piece! lol

should i change the strings or keep the stock? I know in the past people changed them.

My 59 has gibson strings and the guy at the store said there fine as is so I just used then but it did sound flat some.

shelia you ever get yours yet? I went to that store I was telling about and saw that junior with a single p90 I almost bought it, it was 360 out the door. being unemployed for a yr I thought maybe I should hold off. I know these guitars are rare! So the next day I see someone posted the discount code for MF so I thought about it for few hours and said hell why not huh! so i got it for 322 total! cant beat that! and has 2 p90 and looks better! My marshall will love it

shelia you ever get yours yet? I went to that store I was telling about and saw that junior with a single p90 I almost bought it' date=' it was 360 out the door. being unemployed for a yr I thought maybe I should hold off. I know these guitars are rare! So the next day I see someone posted the discount code for MF so I thought about it for few hours and said hell why not huh! so i got it for 322 total! cant beat that! and has 2 p90 and looks better! My marshall will love it[/quote']

Unemployed going on two years![crying] Will have to wait. But do want a single P90 (already have two guitars with humbuckers). May end up going with a used '57, if I ever get back to work!! Oh and Sledge's Wildcat!!!

Until then, I practice and improve! Hey, at least I'll be able to 'justify' the purchases!!

When she arrives, play her like you love her!

Sheila

Unemployed going on two years![crying] Will have to wait. But do want a single P90 (already have two guitars with humbuckers). May end up going with a used '57' date=' if I ever get back to work!! Oh and Sledge's Wildcat!!!

Until then, I practice and improve! Hey, at least I'll be able to 'justify' the purchases!!

When she arrives, play her like you love her!

Sheila[/quote']

2 yrs huh nice! its going to be a long time before things get back to nomal. There trying to get a 1 yr extension here in michigan.

well I got my guitar yesterday! waited all day, he didn't show till 430! Every thing was packed nice. I took the guitar out inspected it, there were some marks on the rosewood down the neck but too bad to worry about. Not perfect like my 59! The neck pretty bowed, I restrung and did a setup the best i could but the dam 5 th string buzz real bad at the 12 fret. I added more relief but no deals. The action not set real low or high. It was High when I got it. When I had My iommi koreon it was set up pretty good. So im probably going to take it in I dont know what else to do. The clean channel on my marshall sounds real good and the distortion sounds good but i forgot about the hum the pickup throw off I hope i can deal with that.

Archived