Gibson Brands Forums

Bad Power transformer on Baby Will???

Zoki

Hey'all,

Was working on my Bab Will last night and got things up and running to check voltages w/o tubes and I'm not getting and current from the orange PT leads - and no tube glow - is this a pretty safe assumption that the PT might have taken a hit when drilling the extra holes in the chassis and gone south on me? Any tips on testing this assumption or am I right that no tube glow means the juice isn't there? And then I guess the next question might be where I could order a cheap replacemenet... doh..

Thanks!

#-o

I doubt very much that your pt was damaged by drilling chassis holes while it was still mounted.

I've done a dozen without removing the pt.

There's an url.. for slow test fire up.. which will answer what's wrong with it..

I'll try to find it in a minute, but I'm up to my butt in a new build so.. Might be later tonight before I get to it.

Wow Twang - not only did I get the darn thing working but I immediately took it to rehearsal for the guitarist to check out, (sounded as good as his Orange combo : ) but then just for the heck of it hooked it up to the 2x15 I was playing bass through and did 3 hours on bass with it cause it sounded great with the P-bass too.. what an amp!!!

Archived