Gibson Brands Forums

Now I have one too!

Matt the Cat

I had a guy asking if I wanted to sell mine after open mike night last night, He wanted to know how much I would want for it, It cost me £260, and I upgraded the tuners, so I said £280.

He's coming round for a try tomorow, apparently he cant find one anywhere, all sold out. I do love the Texans, but I may get the new D500MCE, as Ive sort of fell in love with the masterbilts, Its a crime really, so soon after getting the texan, Im selling an old LP standeard to suppliment my thirst for solidwood MB's.

I had a guy asking if I wanted to sell mine after open mike night last night' date=' He wanted to know how much I would want for it, It cost me £260, and I upgraded the tuners, so I said £280.

He's coming round for a try tomorow, apparently he cant find one anywhere, all sold out. I do love the Texans, but I may get the new D500MCE, as Ive sort of fell in love with the masterbilts, Its a crime really, so soon after getting the texan, Im selling an old LP standeard to suppliment my thirst for solidwood MB's.

[/quote']

It never stops, eh? That's the thing with guitars, there's always another one and another one..............

Enjoy the journey!

The shop I went to had 2 to choose from, glad I got one, think it's a keeper.

All the best, Matt

So tonight I thought I'd put new strings on the new Texan, the ones that came on it were starting to show their age. While I was at it I took a look at the saddle, it was a little rough so I sanded it off a bit just to get it nice and smooth and there it was, that smell you only get when sanding bone! I had assumed that the saddle was a plastic one and that at some point I would upgrade to bone but hey, it is bone! How happy am I? I love this guitar more and more. Oh, by the way, the new strings have made it sing. This guitar is ace!!!!! I almost feel bad for Epiphone that it only cost £300. It's a steal!!

Matt

I was surprised by the bone saddle, too. Took it to my repairman and said, "I'd like a bone saddle on this" and he took a close look at it and informed me that it was a bone saddle. Ooops. I did have him smooth it out, though.

I'm glad you're liking the guitar. They are quite good.

I was surprised by the bone saddle' date=' too. Took it to my repairman and said, "I'd like a bone saddle on this" and he took a close look at it and informed me that it [i']was[/i] a bone saddle. Ooops. I did have him smooth it out, though.

I'm glad you're liking the guitar. They are quite good.

Hi David

I love this guitar. It's even better than I expected. I'm still GASing for a Gibson but untill funds allow, the Texan will keep me more than happy. I see you're on the Gibson forum too so we'll probably chat again soon. I'm looking forward to the results of your Tonerite. Keep us informed!

All the best, Matt

I had a guy asking if I wanted to sell mine after open mike night last night' date=' He wanted to know how much I would want for it, It cost me £260, and I upgraded the tuners, so I said £280.

[/quote']

Fatmo, is this your one, here on ebay?

Item number 140402448738

Archived