Gibson Brands Forums

Black control & switch plates - replacing cream ones on LP Std

Old_Ampeg_Guy

I apologize if this has been covered already in a post (I did a search and didn't find anything). Before fabricating my own black control cavity plate and switch cavity plate for my late 2009 Epi Les Paul Standard Plus Top (to replace the stock cream ones), I thought I'd check with you folks.

Is there any online source for black control and switch cavity covers for Epiphone Les Pauls?

I understand from a thread on the MyLesPaul forum that came up on a Google search (here) that the Gibson ones won't fit because the Epi parts (screw hole to screw hole measurements, presumably) are metric. An online vendor I've used also told me that there are so many variations among the Chinese factories' construction methods that no one cover set will work.

I have some thin clear plexiglas and I can do the "paint the back of it" thing to get a set made, but I'd rather buy online if possible. All the other cream plastic parts on the guitar have been switched to black ones, and these parts are the last step.

Thanks!

Old Ampeg Guy

Thanks, snookelputz. However, those are made to fit Gibson LPs, and from what I've found online and from the aforementioned supplier, Gibson plates won't fit on the Epi LPs (check out that forum thread from MyLesPaul I linked in the email above).

I've considered buying the Gibson ones and just modifying them to fit (I have a disk and belt sander) but I'd rather buy ones that are specifically designed to fit recent Epi Les Pauls if they exist.

Just checking to see if that might be the case before making my own (or as mentioned, modifying the ones that fit Gibsons).

Old Ampeg Guy

Archived