Gibson Brands Forums

SLASH GOLDTOP UPDATED WITH PICS

SCHULTZSRV

Hey guys, I got my EPIPHONE LES PAUL SLASH SIGNATURE guitar today. It plays awesome, looks and feels and sounds great. I got an even better price on it, because GUITAR CENTER released a new add today and had it on sale for $599.00. So, I called them and the only one left in the entire country that they had was in COLORADO and they couldn't guarantee that all the parts, such as the autograph, strap or even case was with it anymore. So, I called the place where I was buying mine and he said that GIBSON doesn't allow advertising that low and he calls GIBSON and talks to somebody there. GIBSON says that they will make GUITAR CENTER take it off of there website immediately. They couldn't do much about the adds since they were already out. GIBSON tells the place I am buying it from to let me buy it at very near that price and they will reemberse there shop the differance in price.

I bought mine and it is new, has all the case candy, autograph by SLASH, numbered certificate of authenticity, strap designed by SLASH, high definition photo card of SLASH and the EPIPHONE SLASH hardshell case and everything. [blink] I AM A VERY HAPPY MAN! [biggrin]

I can't figure out how to put pics on here though, if someone will help, I would really appreciate it.

congrats on the new guitar man :-({|= and i9 would like to see some pics as well :)

the easiest way to do it is to open a photobucket account (it's free) and upload your pics to there , when you have the pic up on p/b you will see the url link to copy , all you do is copy that then jump to the post you are doing here and paste in the link , easy :) hth

Alan

Hey guys' date=' I got my EPIPHONE LES PAUL SLASH SIGNATURE guitar today. It plays awesome, looks and feels and sounds great. I got an even better price on it, because GUITAR CENTER released a new add today and had it on sale for $599.00. So, I called them and the only one left in the entire country that they had was in COLORADO and they couldn't guarantee that all the parts, such as the autograph, strap or even case was with it anymore. So, I called the place where I was buying mine and he said that GIBSON doesn't allow advertising that low and he calls GIBSON and talks to somebody there. GIBSON says that they will make GUITAR CENTER take it off of there website immediately. They couldn't do much about the adds since they were already out. GIBSON tells the place I am buying it from to let me buy it at very near that price and they will reemberse there shop the differance in price.

I bought mine and it is new, has all the case candy, autograph by SLASH, numbered certificate of authenticity, strap designed by SLASH, high definition photo card of SLASH and the EPIPHONE SLASH hardshell case and everything. [crying I AM A VERY HAPPY MAN! [angry]

I can't figure out how to put pics on here though, if someone will help, I would really appreciate it.

SWEEEEET!!!!! cONGRATS!!!!!

Ha' date=' just got the flyer in the mail with Vai on the front and there it is - Slash GoldTop $599.

Heck of a deal.

Just called GC, there's one local here in Dallas several on the way.

Pretty tempting, that's a sweet guitar.

[/quote']

If there is a SLASH in your area, I would buy it, it is an awesome guitar.

congrats on the new guitar man :) and i9 would like to see some pics as well :)

the easiest way to do it is to open a photobucket account (it's free) and upload your pics to there ' date=' when you have the pic up on p/b you will see the url link to copy , all you do is copy that then jump to the post you are doing here and paste in the link , easy :) hth

Alan[/quote']

Thankyoufor the help.

Guest icantbuyafender

Really, Id buy one, and return it ... but I'd keep the strap.... lol

I really like the strap... very rock n roll.

Cheers on such a DAMN GOOD deal

Guest icantbuyafender
ICANTBUYAFENDER' date=' I really like that guitar in your avatar. Is that yours or a stock photo?[/quote']

Im proud to say that it is my 2001 Transparent-Ebony Les Paul Classic Quilt Top.

I bought it a few years back from a guy who kept it in storage for 7 years in a case.

black hardware, black kluson style tuners, opencoil humbuckers and a pretty "limited edition" stamp on the back

I threw graphtech saddles, a graphtech nut, USA electronics and burstbuckers in her. (now they are EMG 81/60)

That guitar and its brother, my 2002 LP std, are never going to leave my side. (wellll neither will goldie or my ultra)

Im proud to say that it is my 2001 Transparent-Ebony Les Paul Classic Quilt Top.

I bought it a few years back from a guy who kept it in storage for 7 years in a case.

black hardware' date=' black kluson style tuners, opencoil humbuckers and a pretty "limited edition" stamp on the back

I threw graphtech saddles, a graphtech nut, USA electronics and burstbuckers in her. (now they are EMG 81/60)

That guitar and its brother, my 2002 LP std, are never going to leave my side. (wellll neither will goldie or my ultra)[/quote']

It is a sweet color.

Nice guitar.

I do find it funny that Slash became a 'spokesperson' for Gibson yet he recorded the first few albums and toured with these fakes:

59-replicas.jpg

He supposedly was unhappy with the tone he was getting with the real thing so he had these made by a luthier.

How's that for an endorsement. I bet Gibson wasn't too quick with the lawsuits in this case though.

Nice guitar.

I do find it funny that Slash became a 'spokesperson' for Gibson yet he recorded the first few albums and toured with these fakes:

59-replicas.jpg

He supposedly was unhappy with the tone he was getting with the real thing so he had these made by a luthier.

How's that for an endorsement. I bet Gibson wasn't too quick with the lawsuits in this case though.

I didn't know that.

Guest icantbuyafender
Nice guitar.

59-replicas.jpg

I dont know why they say he used a real deal les paul on "appetite" ...

It was a guitar given to him by the manager who had got it from a local luthier.

Then he ordered a pair from gibson, took them to a luthier and had SD alnico II's installed, and the finishes aged for the tour that then ensued for two years following "Appetite"'s release. He didnt want to risk messing up his "rip-off-yet-still-#1" LP because it was designated as studio use only by him (much like his '57 goldtop)

Thats straight outta the mans autobiography. Gibson is skewing some details.

I am reading his biography right now and he did order 2 LES PAULS for touring and later got the GOLDTOP. The GOLDTOP was stolen and later recovered and all of his guitar have been made to the GOLDTOPS specs since, with only the colors being changed.

I have a client with a Schecter endorsement. Every time he gets a new guitar, he sends it to me for a COMPLETE reworking. Schecter gives him free guitars and check for playing their stuff on stage and in videos. He hates Schecter, but he feels it is a sound business decision. By the time I am done with them, they only LOOK like Schecters, and for the albums its always the Gibson and ESP that get the track time.

Just goes to show, your favorite artists favorite and or main guitar may not be what they lead you to believe. Its all just marketing.

I am reading his biography right now and he did order 2 LES PAULS for touring and later got the GOLDTOP. The GOLDTOP was stolen and later recovered and all of his guitar have been made to the GOLDTOPS specs since' date=' with only the colors being changed.[/quote']

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against Gibsons, are far as I'm concerned they've already proven themselves to be the best or at least tied with the best. I'd give my left one to have a LP Gold Top, Epi or Gibson. My favorite looking guitar of them all. I just thought it was weird that he did this to begin with.

I'd give my left one to have a LP Gold Top

When I got married in 1986 I sold my GT Standard for $300 to by my wife a new a new dishwasher for the house. Looking back it was probably a good "investment" but I'd sure trade our current dishwasher to get it back.

Now she just gets mad at me when I tell the story...gess she figures she's heard it a few too many times.

When I got married in 1986 I sold my GT Standard for $300 to by my wife a new a new dishwasher for the house. Looking back it was probably a good "investment" but I'd sure trade our current dishwasher to get it back.

Now she just gets mad at me when I tell the story...gess she figures she's heard it a few too many times.

Damn man that's a brutal story. Just take solace in the fact that there are people out there that can feel your pain.

I know a guy who probably feels it, also around 1986 he sold me a 1976 Gibson SG Standard with the case for $100

I told the guy if he ever wanted it back then I'd sell it back to him, luckily,I never heard from the guy again. I was thinking of leaving the state for awhile just to be on the safe side anyway.

Archived