Gibson Brands Forums

What push-pull pots for G-400?

stumblinman

Decided I'm going to keep the SH-14 neck and Dirty Fingers Bridge in my Faded G-400, so I decided to tap them both. I intend to put the push-pull on the volume knobs rather than the tone to keep it closer to where my hand is while I play. Problem is, I'm not sure what size/type of pots to get. Split shaft, yes.. short or long shaft, I don't know..

Anyone done this to a G-400 and recall what they used? Don't need a complete wiring setup, just (2) 500K split shaft push/pull pots. Experiences? Advice?

Seriously, as of writing this.. 25 reads and not one person can steer me in the right direction so I don't buy the wrong set and then buy another? Allparts? Guitarfetish? I've seen other threads that talk about doing this, but none when I searched were with a link or a specific model type. I just might have to wing it...

My only real concern is shaft length.. is SG short or long shaft? 3/8? I know you need long for LP, but SG is flattop, so not sure.

Decided I'm going to keep the SH-14 neck and Dirty Fingers Bridge in my Faded G-400' date=' so I decided to tap them both. I intend to put the push-pull on the volume knobs rather than the tone to keep it closer to where my hand is while I play. Problem is, I'm not sure what size/type of pots to get. Split shaft, yes.. short or long shaft, I don't know..

Anyone done this to a G-400 and recall what they used? Don't need a complete wiring setup, just (2) 500K split shaft push/pull pots. Experiences? Advice? [/quote']

Well, I don't have a G-400 but since no one else has responded...

I used the this DiMarzio push pull pot in my Prophecy SG GX:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DiMarzio-500K-Push-Pull-Pot-987357-i1163659.gc

As far as I know all SGs use the normal length shaft. The DiMarzio has the metric diameter threads so it did not require enlarging the hole in the guitar. I'm not sure if the G-400 needs the metric diameter threads but you can check that before ordering.

I'm not sure what will fit.

that's the problem.

check out www.allparts.com

they use some bournes push pulls.

I think they have some others, too.

the main thing is will they be too tall.

they shouldn't, though.. they fit in les pauls.

I just don't have an sg.

Archived