Gibson Brands Forums

peewee

thinkin bout getting a peewee, just for shits. makin a mini-me for my junior. wondering what the bridge on the peewee is. i can't tell from the pic on the epi site and haven't seen any better pics...

I KNOW that it's not a great guitar. and i know it's not necessarily gonna be used daily... but i'm bored and i need something to do... plus, starting a ska band, and it'd be pretty rad to pull that out during a show.

EggMuffins wants to start a thread on mini-gits, perhaps

a comment will appear. I have a J. Reynolds Mini-LP...

I tune mine to G, and actually use

it to play "Fool for your Stockings" by ZZ, and of course

blues rhythm and leads. Lead bends take HALF or less

the distance as regular git. Definitely fun to play.

Break it out, folks laugh, then jaw drops when the tone comes

out! Harder than H@LL to find one with 2 HBs, and a full set

of Vol and Tone knobs, plus a tuneomatic bridge!!!!!

100_0322.jpg

100_0326.jpg

100_0333.jpg

100_0323.jpg

... I tune mine to G' date=' and actually use

it to play "Fool for your Stockings" by ZZ, and of course

blues rhythm and leads.[/quote']

animalfarm, as I said in that thread in the bass forum in the discussion with eggmuffins, your J. Reynolds is very cool! Have you tried using heavy strings and tuning it to standard pitch? What's the scale length on your mini? I've had good luck with a fairly heavy set (13s, IIRC, with a wound G) on my Synsonics Jr. Pro mini guitar.

Old Ampeg Guy

eggmuffins wants to start a thread on mini-gits' date=' perhaps a comment will appear. /quote']

Damn guys... I had to get home from a stupid business trip, then figure out ratdog's Image Shack tutorial:-({|= ... &, hey, I'm only a bass playing Aussie after all[confused] , but here is my Lobo Mini G (& if anyone can tell me anything about this sweet little geet I would be most appreciative... FYI, I picked her up in Hong Kong in 2001)... but, anyway, I'm really pleased some Epi-heads out there were kinda having the same thoughts about our 'Mystery Midgets' [blink]

bild2311.jpg

Keep 'em coming guys...

eggmuffins

Epi-heads,

If I could emulate a 'Death Metal Growl' on this Forum it would sound like this...

SHOW ME YOUR MYSTERY MIDGETS[biggrin]

C'mon, I'm sure some of you guys are 'packin heat' on this thread!

eggmuffins

I think this deserves a bump. I've linked a pic to my Synsonics Jr. Pro with Seymour and Schallers already (in a different thread), but I could link a better shot or try to post it inline, as most here do. It's not a terribly practical guitar, but it's fun!

Anyone else have minis? Lotuses, or Sammys, or Rogues, or ?? Back in the '80s, Sammy not only made a two-pickup mini LP, but a mini P-Bass! (I saw both in a guitar store back then.) The scale was tiny, and I always wondered what gauge of strings it would take to get it near standard bass pitch. Probably impossible.

eggmuffins, did yours come with that bridge pickup? It's interesting that the pickups are of two different types (you didn't buy it new, did you?).

Old Ampeg Guy

Anyone else have minis? Lotuses, or Sammys, or Rogues, or ??

I SAID...SHOW ME YOUR MYSTERY MIDGETS!

eggmuffins, did yours come with that bridge pickup? It's interesting that the pickups are of two different types (you didn't buy it new, did you?)

The 'LOBO' was absolutely brand new, & remains stock standard, from when I purchased same in Hong Kong in 2001... so, what is that bridge PUP about? (kinda akin to Peter's Steinberger examples)... &, could it be possible that this 'Mini G' might finally be the geet to 'stump' our most learned Epi-head Fraternity:-k :-#:-$

eggmuffins

Archived