Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom Fell Apart

BryanFoFyan

[blush] (Titanic Music) #-o

My Les Paul Custom starting falling apart as the pups stopped working and the toggle switch got stuck. the crack on it started to split and get bigger so i decided to let it go as i didnt have money to repair all of its problems. but im happy to say im welcoming a new Epi to my family.

xckqjr.jpg

Hmmmm....how did (all) this happen, to your Les Paul Custom? They're (usually) pretty robust, guitars.

The electronics problem, would have been an easy fix, but the "Split," is very unusual, unless it was

dropped really hard, or abused, in some way. If it was a "natural" occurance, you could have had it

fixed, or replaced, under warrenty...if you were the original owner.

But, at any rate, congratulations, on your G-400. Looks good!

CB

there was a pretty large crack and gouge of wood. i got it that way from the previous owner. my only guess is it fell off a strin swing onto marble or something like that because it was on the back and along te side where the binding is. it started getting wider and chipping even more.

Well, that explains it...good decision, to let 'er go! Besides, the G-400 has much better

upper fret access, and is a lot lighter, too. ;>)

How's the neck, on your G-400. Does it "nose dive," or is it pretty well balanced?

A good strap, will help, of course...

Cheers,

CB

Guest icantbuyafender
The 'Qing Dao Lass' doesn't nose dive at all:-k

Is that a common problem with SGs &/or G400 generally?

eggmuffins

sg and g400's are NOTORIOUS for taking nose dives at the worst possible moment.

The problem is that they are neck heavy.

sg and g400's are NOTORIOUS for taking nose dives at the worst possible moment.

The problem is that they are neck heavy.

Agreed.

Most people on the forum with SG's and G-400's will tell you that a large strap will solve the issue.

I don't mind it because it is a light guitar (well, comparing to a Les Paul, of course) but again, I just put a fairly large strap (two days ago) and it is considerably better.

Archived