Gibson Brands Forums

I want to identify this Les Paul model

moi76gc

Hi... I have this Epiphone Les Paul Studio and I want to identify the exact model beacause one friend says that it´s a Special Edition. I´ll post some pics. Thanks!!!

7cdd37cc.jpg

a8e67492.jpg

d3ca9d1b.jpg

8393e369.jpg

3123ecd6.jpg

d7d56348.jpg

7ebb7055.jpg

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Unsung Plant, Korea

December 1998

Production Number: 0813

-I don't think it's a Joe Perry copy. I remember these very same guitars were sold as limited editions by Sam Ash years ago. All they are are regular Studios with trans black finish, black hardware, and white pearl plastic parts. If I still remember correctly, they were about $30-$50 more than the regular Studios.

L8R,

Matt

This is a Genuine Epiphone. Look at the knobs... Are the samethan JoePerryone that the first picture posted after mines...

It is a genuine Epi, and I believe all the Studios have the speed knobs (mine does).

Sam Ash also had a Gibson Studio special to them. It's the one listed below in my signature. Need to get a picture of that one.

Sheila

-Sorry if it came across as me saying it wasn't a real Epi. I'm just saying that these were special run guitars that were sold by Sam Ash. All they have are different finish/hardware options to make them "Limited Editions." Musician's Friend does the same thing. My '02 Classic Quilt Top has the "Limited Edition" decal on the back of the headstock because it has the quilted maple veneer on it instead of the regular flamed veneer. Same guitar, just a different finish option.

L8R,

Matt

$460?

400 euros?

Man, way, way too expensive.

But if you are selling it would be good for you, I suppose.

I really woudn't pay more than 250 euros for a Studio.

The most expensive new LP Studio goes for 275 euros at Thomann.

So why would I want to pay 400 euros for one?

Even one that looks as good as yours?

I wouldn't pay more than 250 euros.

And that is a fair price.

Archived