Gibson Brands Forums

Whaaaa! no place to brag.

The other forum is down so I can't go tell the guy his amp is done.

I got a shot at doing mods on a Peavey Blues Custom and they really rock.

I was pretty happy that everything worked perfectly and as described, but especially happy

that the pots did respond to cleaner. I was sweating having to go back and change all those mounted to

the board on trapeze pots.

The overall tone of this is somewhat darker than before, but the treble control fixes it, you just have to crank it

a bit further.

All the mods went really well, despite a rather troublesome folding pcb and some tight spots.

The low end on this is just out of this world. I can see why some guys added weather stripping to cure any rattles.

I didn't, as I wanted see if I really needed to, and it's fine.

I think because the other people had experimented deciding the mods they had theirs in and out far more than once.

she's solid and rockin!

The other forum is down so I can't go tell the guy his amp is done.

I got a shot at doing mods on a Peavey Blues Custom and they really rock.

I was pretty happy that everything worked perfectly and as described' date=' but especially happy

that the pots did respond to cleaner. I was sweating having to go back and change all those mounted to

the board on trapeze pots.

The overall tone of this is somewhat darker than before, but the treble control fixes it, you just have to crank it

a bit further.

All the mods went really well, despite a rather troublesome folding pcb and some tight spots.

The low end on this is just out of this world. I can see why some guys added weather stripping to cure any rattles.

I didn't, as I wanted see if I really needed to, and it's fine.

I think because the other people had experimented deciding the mods they had theirs in and out far more than once.

she's solid and rockin!

[/quote']

OMG! The Agile Forum is down!![biggrin]

Congrats on a mod well done, Twang!! And why would you think you couldn't brag here?! Any good news is always welcomed, especially when it involves cool gear and cool mods!

BTW, a tiny bit familiar with the Peavey Blues Classic, how does the Custom differ?

Sheila

I keep calling it a custom as the mods were originally for that. *L*

just like me.

it's a delta blues.

I really played it more yesterday and god is it big.

I forgot what a big amp like this can sound like. I'd have to say you could sit this next to any nice twin and except for gross volume

really hold your head up.

this album at photo bucket has all the pics.

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/TWANGthang/Baldys%20Album%20Peavey%20amp%20modification/

BALDYC.jpg

BALDYA.jpg

pardon my Blondy. *S*

Yeah. tuesday though since memorial day..

I have it warming up now.

I have to make connections as it has push in plugs. so I'll hook up some male push ons to a jack and just run a cable between my cabs.

Archived