Gibson Brands Forums

"Pass" on this N(U)GD?

bloozeguy

OK, here's what's up:

Local shop gets a near-mint condition Joe Pass. $500 WITH CASE and, as I'm told, taxes. That is, drive-away, out-the-door price, $500. Sounds pretty bloody good to me. And, I have an Epi PR6E to trade (been offered $125-175 for it. I think I'll get $150 here).

One hang-up I have. I've been looking for a Korean (pref. Samick)-made one. This, I believe, is more recent, and Indonesian (serial # begins w/ "I").

At this price, is this an unreasonable hang-up? The JP is going to be used for instructional/recreational pruposes for now--not an immediate necesity unless this deal is just too good--and i think it may be. Is there THAT much difference in quality between the Indonesian and Korean made models? Some posts here suggest it may be, others not so much.

I value all of your whys and wherefores on this.

PS--neck on the Indo model seemed just the slightest bit chunkier than what i remembered on others I've played--just a bit rounder. The JP neck has been one of its selling points for me. has it changed latel;y or is it "...just my imagination runnin' away with me??"

OK' date=' here's what's up:

Local shop gets a near-mint condition Joe Pass. $500 WITH CASE and, as I'm told, taxes. That is, drive-away, out-the-door price, $500. Sounds pretty bloody good to me. And, I have an Epi PR6E to trade (been offered $125-175 for it. I think I'll get $150 here).

One hang-up I have. I've been looking for a Korean (pref. Samick)-made one. This, I believe, is more recent, and Indonesian (serial # begins w/ "I").

At this price, is this an unreasonable hang-up? The JP is going to be used for instructional/recreational pruposes for now--not an immediate necesity unless this deal is just too good--and i think it may be. Is there THAT much difference in quality between the Indonesian and Korean made models? Some posts here suggest it may be, others not so much.

I value all of your whys and wherefores on this.

PS--neck on the Indo model seemed just the slightest bit chunkier than what i remembered on others I've played--just a bit rounder. The JP neck has been one of its selling points for me. has it changed latel;y or is it "...just my imagination runnin' away with me??"[/quote']

I stands for the Saein factory in Korea, not Indonesia.

Archived