Gibson Brands Forums

I recently took up guitar

Bassmedic05

I am a bass player, most of the time.......and I want a new challenge so I am taking up guitar too. I bought a Epi Les Paul Junior for $60. And I am learning my way around the neck, I don't want to play lead just bar and power chords. Mostly just to amuse myself lol........and hopefully others!

Pics to follow

In the 80's I started playing guitar professionally. I could't hook up with a guitarist who wanted to write their own stuff.

After playing Sweet Home Alabama and Smoke on the Water a zillion times, I figured a poor original song was better than a stale cover!

Bass players make the best guitarists!:)

Legs

As a bass player, you've already got a jump on lead playing. I took up guitar to enhance my bass playing. Of course, knowing barre chords comes in handy for some nice arpeggio bass lines as well. A great deal that can be learned on guitar can be applied to bass.

Good luck and have fun!

I appreciate all the support' date=' I will keep you guys posted on my progress.[/quote']

I have been keeping track of my progress by recording something new each week. A new riff, progression, or one I have already used strummed differently. It has helped keep me playing daily and coming up with new ideas.

I post them to souncloud.com - free and easy to use. Just a thought, I am new to guitar myself hope this helps.

Archived