Gibson Brands Forums

04' Sheraton

JB31

Just purchased a 2004 Sheraton in vintage Sunburst - what a beauty!

I've played acoustic a while, but this is my first electric. Any tips/suggestions? Any mods to look at in the future? I want to keep this guitar in pristine condition like it is now.

Cheers.

If it's a Regular Korean or Chinese Sheraton, the usual upgrades are Graphtech / bone /corian nut, Switchcraft output jack and switch, Mojotone ES wiring harness and maybe a Tonepros bridge and tailpiece. And if you're feeling really spendy, Lindy Fralin (or some other ridiculously expensive handwound) pickups. Take a look at the DIY thread here: http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14775

But if it's playing well with no issues, just enjoy it as is.

And welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the replies.

After further inspection, the Sheraton is a late (October) 2005 model Sheraton II from Unsung, Korea.

I've been playing it all day, and I can't get enough. Personally, nothing sounds better than the semi-hollow body electrics, especially for what I play. It was previously owned by a collector, so it is in mint condition, barely played, and set up nicely.

Cheers!

Sounds a lot like how I got my Sheraton. Somebody bought it, had it set-up to perfection, and let it sit there and collect dust. Mine is just about perfect and it looks that way too. I feel the same way about keeping mine pristine. I hardly ever take it to gigs, but when I do it sounds beautiful. I haven't upgraded anything on mine. Just keep playing it. If it's perfect to you now, then it's perfect. I really do think the quality on *most of those Korean made Sheratons is good enough that their isn't an established list of "must-do" upgrades.

Just purchased a 2004 Sheraton in vintage Sunburst - what a beauty!

I've played acoustic a while' date=' but this is my first electric. Any tips/suggestions? Any mods to look at in the future? I want to keep this guitar in pristine condition like it is now.

Cheers. [/quote']

Congrats on the purchase! I've owned a Sheraton for 15 years and its my favorite guitar (black & gold, my brother named it "Hawkeye" in honor of the Iowa Hawkeyes). I wouldn't trade it for the world. Mine is a Korean model, I don't know anything about the newer Chinese models. Outside of a recent issue I had with the bridge (my own fault), its still got all its original hardware. I've never changed out the pickups, wiring, etc. To me, its sounds great the way it is. Your mileage may vary though, everyone has their own tastes. Hope you have years of enjoyment and come to love your Sheri as much as I love mine! :-)

Archived