Gibson Brands Forums

What would you recommend?

Ryaan

i bought it a while ago and have only just came to the conclusion

^ i should have stated that and im sorry

as for amp, i sold my amp i used in aid of buying another and im just waiting for the right thing to pop up (eye on something in the shop)

im just working with a small fender practise amp.

but i was going to buy some new pickups a while ago but i didn't for some reason.

I would buy a good amp before..........

Peter

I agree with Peter. I used to have a Fender DSP Stage amp. It was Solid State and really didn't make my Sheraton II

or Les Paul Standard sound that great. In the new band I joined last year the other guitar player had a Vox AC330.

I went to Alto Music in Middletown, NY and brought my own guitar (the Sheri) to test a Vox AC30CC2 they had.

It made all the difference in the world. I bought the Vox amp and both my Epiphone guitars still have their stock

pickups and sound just fine.

I second the AMP suggestion. I had been playing through a Peavey KB 300 (which is buy no means a guitar amp) and it sounded so bad that I never played my electric guitar. I also tried the AMPLITUDE amp software out of the computer and through my hi-fi. That actually worked to produce pretty good tones.

I recently Demo'd a bunch of different AMPs and settled on the CARR Mercury.

In my experience an good AMP works wonders on both good and bad guitars.

A great guitar will sound terrible though an AMP with no tone.

Once you have an AMP with good tone can then focus on the source.

get an amp you like first.

I was considering putting new pups in my Lp, my tones was bad and I thought they would make the difference. I was just running a distortion pedal into a mixer with no amp.

Now, eventhough purists and snobs do not like my amp, I have the Line 6 Spider IV and it made a world of difference. I am by no means making a recommendation, listen to some amps and find what you like and what creates the tone you want. I'm just say from exp that I now have the sound I was after and my Lp is still stock.

I second the AMP suggestion. I had been playing through a Peavey KB 300 (which is buy no means a guitar amp) and it sounded so bad that I never played my electric guitar. I also tried the AMPLITUDE amp software out of the computer and through my hi-fi. That actually worked to produce pretty good tones.

I recently Demo'd a bunch of different AMPs and settled on the CARR Mercury.

In my experience an good AMP works wonders on both good and bad guitars.

A great guitar will sound terrible though an AMP with no tone.

Once you have an AMP with good tone can then focus on the source.

I used to double on guitar and bass so I used the Peavey KB300 with a Pod as the front end. The Pod simulations were so good that coupled with the almost Hi-Fi spec of the Peavey it was the best setup I ever used. The Peavey was also a great for Acoustics plugged straight in.

Archived