Gibson Brands Forums

What is the consensus on the Legend series??

Mikey62

Big sound, even bigger neck. I think it captures the vintage J45 sound better then any other new Gibson's that I've tried. It has a great look. The sunburst is what a sunburst is suppose to look like. The workmanship is top notch.

Unfortunately the neck is just too big for me, so it will be on the auction block soon.

I loved the one I tried. I have big hands, but I liked the big neck just as much as my regular Bird, Dove and SJ200 necks, and even the skinny neck on my B15.

I can see why it would be an issue for someone with smaller digits, though. I have lanky sausage fingers!

The tone was something else, though. Huge, warm, dry vintage tone. I'd LOVE to own one.

do they deliver the goods??

Great guitar but kind of a niche item. Dry hog slope sound. Fuller through the tonal spectrum than the standards.

Light and responsive (tho not so much as the TVs which are kind of a j45/Aj hybrid). The tone and feel is great for fingerstyle and old timey flatpicking. Maybe not for rock. Not as aggressive tonally and not the easiest grip for bar chords. The mod classic slopes and 'birds would do better for all that.

Archived