Gibson Brands Forums

GM4S Strings?

sytraxiplague

What are the best strings to use for my Steinberger GM4S? I didn't want to post this on the Steinberger World forum because it is so full of people and I probably wouldn't get a response because there's so much traffic. So what type of Double Ball strings should I get? If you have any suggestions, please send me a link to it,

Thanks,

Shane

I understand this' date=' but what size/gauge is best for an S-Trem?[/quote']

If you like light strings use 9s and if you like them a little heavier use 10s. There is really no specific set for the S-Trem. If you have a T-Trem you would need calibrated strings.

Is this what you meant? Or am I still missing the question?

If you like light strings use 9s and if you like them a little heavier use 10s. There is really no specific set for the S-Trem. If you have a T-Trem you would need calibrated strings.

Is this what you meant? Or am I still missing the question?

That's all i needed to know, but would calibrated strings work BEST for the S-Trem? or only for T-Trem? basically what are the BEST strings for the S-Trem, brand, and type (Gauge is my preference)?

That's all i needed to know' date=' but would calibrated strings work BEST for the S-Trem? or only for T-Trem? basically what are the BEST strings for the S-Trem, brand, and type (Gauge is my preference)?[/quote']

No, calibrated strings give no benefit other than they let the T-Trem transpose. La Bella 10-46 S-1046 is what comes on the USA Steinbergers. By the way those are links in the previous posts. You can't tell unless you mouse over them.

No' date=' calibrated strings give no benefit other than they let the T-Trem transpose. La Bella 10-46 S-1046 is what comes on the USA Steinbergers. By the way those are links in the previous posts. You can't tell unless you hover over them.[/quote']

Yeah, I noticed =P thanks a lot Brent!

Well the Steinberger stays in tune better without locking nuts etc.

The floyd Rose fine tuner is a better ratio but it can barley tune a semitone.

The other advantage is you can remove the strings and replace them as many times as you like without them breaking, not to mention very easy string changes.

There is one Tuner with the same ratio ,the LSR.

Archived