Gibson Brands Forums

Strings for a "Music Yo" Steinberger...?

Peter5150

Hi. I have a 4 or 5 year old "Spirit by Steinberger" that came from Music Yo...which is, of course, "made in Korea". Questions: 1) where do I find strings for this? Honest to God, Music Yo no longer makes strings for these and nobody will promise me that the Steinberger (or ANYONE'S ) brand will fit these guitars. As they say on the Ed Roman guitar site, NOTHING about a "Spirit by Steinberger" guitar is interchangable with a "genuine" Steinverger...not even the strings! Does anyone have a reliable source of strings for these guitars? Can't remember the exact model number but it's a 6-string with more of a conventional body design, not the "broom" body style. I like the high E string to be a .008 or a .009. Does anyone have a brand name and manufacturer for a set of double ball strings that would fit this guitar?

2) Does anyone know how to do a neck adjustment on this with the supplied wrench? Which direction do you turn the neck rod to INCREASE the bow? I have developed a few minor fret buzzes...not sure if a fret dressing would be indicated.

Thanks - Pete

• 2 weeks later...

You can buy genuine Steinberger double ball end strings from the Gibson Factory store at the Grand Old Opry Mall in Nashville, TN, USA. They ship and when I was there last week they had tons of strings and other Steiny stuff. Personally I use D'Addario XL double ball end strings, they have a red ball with an "s" in it on the pakcage, got a bunch from Musicians Friend couple years ago, got bass strings too.

Archived