Gibson Brands Forums

Big Music Weekend Coming

LPguitarman

I may need a hearing aid by Monday, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. Going to a FREE Van Halen Tribute band concert (Mean Street) Saturday night and the big finale, RUSH Sunday night.

I'll bring some ear plugs for Saturday because the last time I saw Mean Street, they were outragiously LOUD. They were still very good though, so I'm looking forward to it.

Of course, I've been waiting for months for the RUSH concert and it's almost here. [biggrin]

Cool, I'd love to see Rush

Yep, this will be my 4th time seeing them. Can't get enough. I like the older songs better, but Geddy can't hit the vocal range like he used to, but I hope they at least do some instrumentals of the older stuff. They are supposed to play Moving Pictures in it's entirety. [biggrin]

Awesome, have fun!

Yep, this will be my 4th time seeing them. Can't get enough. I like the older songs better, but Geddy can't hit the vocal range like he used to, but I hope they at least do some instrumentals of the older stuff. They are supposed to play Moving Pictures in it's entirety. [biggrin]

I've heard great things about the tour so far--but here's the thing: we've seen them do "Tom Sawyer," "Limelight," "Red Barchetta," "Witch Hunt," and "YYZ" in previous years--in fact, they did all of those during the Snakes and Arrows tour. So really, it's not much of a stretch for them to be doing Moving Pictures in its entirety. It is still pretty cool that they're doing it in album order, and everything, though. Moving Pictures is a great album, and for many people it's the definitive Rush album.

Still...I'd love to see them pull out "Here Again" or "Garden Road." Heh. B)

1/2 of the weekend over. Saw Mean Street and Metal Studz last night.

Metal Studz is an '80's Hair Band cover band. they were pretty good, pulled off some great songs and had the look to go along with it. Great show.

Mean Street was great this time. Didn't need ear plugs, the sound man was better this year. Very good band. They would definitey be nowhere without the guitarist... he makes the band. The drummer was also awesome. Lot of athletic moves on both the drummer and the singer's part. Awesome show.

TONIGHT RUSH [biggrin]

Here's the RUSH report:

AWESOME [biggrin]

They opened with Spirit of the Radio after a very amuzing video involving the Time Machine concept. Won't give too much away.

They encoured with La Villa Strangiato and ended with Working Man.

Played some oldies and new stuff and of course all off Moving Pictures.

They took an intermission and opened the second half with another amuzing video.

There was also a video at the end of the show with the stars of "I Love You Man".

Great show, but I wish I could have afforded better seats. Good thing they had those big video screens.

Archived