Gibson Brands Forums

Need Help Identifying this Guitar

Aesthetikz

Hi Everyone,

There is an Epiphone/Gibson Electric Guitar for sale locally, And I'm interested... But i know nothing about guitars~This would be my first, And i would learn to play on it (If i decided to buy it).

Included are pictures of it, After tons of searching online I cannot find an exact match to it.

I also could not locate a serial number on it.

Any help ID'ing it appreciated!

epiphonegibsonunknown01.jpg

epiphonegibsonunknown02.jpg

epiphonegibsonunknown03.jpg

epiphonegibsonunknown04.jpg

Well, It wasn't meant to be...

It "was" at a local thrift store, Went back today to find it sold.

According the Epi guys, It wasn't worth the $300 in that condition anyway~I was hoping it would stick around another week or so and end up at 50% off. :-(

I think an employee bought it, The guy who kept showing me seemed interested also and said he plays the guitar.

Well, It wasn't meant to be...

It "was" at a local thrift store, Went back today to find it sold.

According the Epi guys, It wasn't worth the $300 in that condition anyway~I was hoping it would stick around another week or so and end up at 50% off. :-(

I think an employee bought it, The guy who kept showing me seemed interested also and said he plays the guitar.

Funny, the one ive seen at Ruby's guitar store went for $300 and it sold.

The gibson ones were awesome though.

Funny, the one ive seen at Ruby's guitar store went for $300 and it sold.

The gibson ones were awesome though.

That one just wasnt worth $300. I've seen EM-2s sell for the same price on Ebay in much better condition...many times. Besides, thrift stores always sell guitars and electronics for more than they are worth. I'll bet that if an employee actually did buy it, he probably paid half of the listed price.

Also, think about it this way: This git was at a thrift store. Not a guitar store. That means that more than likely, it was donated and no money changed hands in he aquisition. There are also no techs to evaluate the condition or worth of the instrument, let alone someone there to set it up or repair anything that might be wrong with it. Given that, there is no reason to justify a hefty price tag of $300...the same price you can find a better one at on Ebay, CL, or a local shop....even a pawn shop.

Archived